Lead Electrical EngineerApply Requisition ID 181845BR Date updated 06/17/2021
- Industry leading employee benefits
- Flexible working environment
- Long term defence contractor
As part of the engineering team you will be involved with complex design tasks within Raytheon Australia's Recognised Quality Organisation (RQO) and be responsible for design activities supporting Australian Defence Force systems and operations. Reporting to the ADATS Lead Engineer, the Electrical Engineer's focus will be interfacing existing systems into the Defence data network including the design of new systems where required. The role will also involve utilisation of your sound knowledge of Internet Protocol based switching and routing as well as the Australian Governments Information Security Manual.This role can be located in either our Brisbane, QLD office or Williamtown, NSW office.
- Perform technical planning, engineering development, review of design changes and technical investigations ensuring that the engineering solutions are developed, implemented and tested
- Attain, maintain and enhance Engineering Authority (EA)
- Interact with Design Support Network members associated with allocated tasking
- Display a sound understanding of the operation and functional performance requirements of systems asigned to their responsibility
- Provide engineering input to costed proposals
- Tertiary Engineering qualifications or suitable Engineering experience in the area of Electrical and Electronic systems
- Minimum entry requirements to become a Chartered Professional Engineer in Engineers Australia.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in the development of engineering designs and supporting modification activities within the ADF Design framework
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in covering design, testing and implementation of ICT hardware including computers, network components and multi-functional devices
- Experience in switched VLAN environments and familiarity with serial protocols for data transfer is desirable
- Demonstrated experience in the development and application of Systems Engineering processes
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission now by clicking the "Apply" button below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Raytheon Australia is a capability partner for Australia’s Defence, delivering whole-of-life solutions to the ADF. Since its establishment in 1999, Raytheon Australia has committed to developing a truly sovereign workforce and comprehensive defence capability for Australia, with a team of 1,500 employees delivering high-tech capability across all domains.
Ability to Telecommute
Negative Vetting 1
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
Australia - New South Wales
Australia - Queensland
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Apply
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.