What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
- Fast-paced dynamic work environment
- Tailored career & development opportunities
- Based in either Williamtown, NSW
We are currently looking for an experienced electrical engineer to join us on the Australian Defence Air Traffic System, (ADATS), program at Williamtown. Where we will draw on your design change experience in the areas of electronics, networking, logistics and publication maintenance.
Reporting to an ADATS Lead Engineer your focus will be providing bespoke design solutions, providing ongoing, through life support, for the RAAF ADATS System located at several Defence locations around Australia.
- Technical planning, engineering development, design change reviews and technical investigations ensuring that the engineering solutions are developed, implemented and tested against requirements.
- Attain, maintain and enhance Engineering Authority (EA) for the role
- Liaise with Design Support Network members associated with allocated tasks as the need arises
- Provide a sound understanding of the operation and functional performance requirements of the design changes allocated.
- Provide engineering input to task plans and costed proposals
- You will hold a Bachelor Degree in relevant engineering discipline (preferably Electrical, Electronics or Computer Science)
- You will have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in covering design, testing and implementation of Information Communication Technology (ICT) hardware including computers, network components and multi-functional devices
- Demonstrated experience in switched VLAN environments and familiarity with serial protocols for data transfer is desirable
- Knowledge and Experience with Defence Engineering/Configuration Management processes will be highly regarded
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission by clicking the “Apply” button below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Australia is a trusted partner in delivering systems integration and mission support solutions to our customers. As one of the most reputable high technology companies in the world, Raytheon delivers innovative solutions to protect, defend and secure.
Ability to Telecommute
Negative Vetting 1
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
Australia - New South Wales
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).