Principle Commercial OfficerApply Requisition ID 178623BR Date updated 04/20/2021
Raytheon Professional Services is looking for a Principle Commercial Officer / Contracts Negotiator located in the Leighton Buzzard office with limited travel required to the London and the Portsmouth areas. This position offers an opportunity to support commercial contracts working closely with Program Managers, Proposal Managers, Finance, Supply Chain and other functions to effectively address issues and assure successful contract execution. The successful candidate will be responsible for working in a collaborative environment to develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers by providing excellent customer service.
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide sound contract management to meet customer obligations, achieve company objectives and comply with company policies
- Review requests for proposals and prepare specialized response for proposals, statement of works, and contract modifications including pricing to win new business
- Review, evaluate, draft and effectively negotiate legally binding agreements with customers and suppliers
- Review, evaluate, draft and effectively negotiate Data Processing Agreements with suppliers and customers
- Support the Privacy Team in coordinating Privacy Impact Assessments and other required data protection documentation (e.g. Records of Processing Activities)
- Manage contract changes, maintain and update contract documents, manage record keeping for all contract related correspondence and documentation.
- Analyze terms and conditions to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and company policies and procedures
- Identify risks (contractual, legal, commercial, financial) and propose solutions to mitigate risks to the business
- Provide commercial/contractual advice, support and guidance to project and account teams
- Act as liaison between customers or suppliers and internal stakeholders to resolve contractual issues with creative solutions
- Evaluate opportunities to improve the performance of contracts and generate and negotiate the corresponding amendments
- Analyze relevant new laws, regulations and contract trends for potential impact
- Contribute to the development and implementation of commercial functional processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvement
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organization
- Willingness to travel
- Proven experience in a technology led organization such as the aerospace industry, or business process outsourcing services industry, experience in government contracts is a plus.
- Strong capability in creating, negotiating and managing contracts both from a procurement and customer perspective
- Experience in handling Data Protection Agreements or relevant experience gained in Data Privacy Compliance
- Significant experience in internal and external stakeholder management
- Degree in relevant field (Business Studies or Commercial contract Law) with track record of additional qualifications in European and UK Data Protection laws.
- Demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal language skills Strong analytical and excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal/ written); good attention to detail.
- Current SC clearance holder, or eligible to achieve.
Raytheon Professional Services (RPS) brings a strategic, consultative approach to address challenges for clients across industries and markets. We develop and implement training solutions to improve workforce performance and business results. Our award winning solutions include: content development and delivery, LMS and technology services, training administration, and learning strategy design. Leveraging decades of expertise and innovation, RPS delivers tailored learning and performance improvement solutions in more than 150 countries and 35 languages.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an Aerospace and Defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense. Its 195,000 employees deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cybersecurity. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
Contributory Pension Scheme
3 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
Enhanced sick pay scheme
Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave
37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements)
Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists, Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition. Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the link to the website http://jobs.raytheon.com/united-kingdom/search/ and search for Req ID: 178623BR. Please complete the on-line instructions to create a profile and upload CV.
Please also view the Raytheon video: http://www.raytheon.com/ourcompany/ourculture/
Ability to Telecommute
Part time telecommuting
Type Of Job
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Apply