Principal Specialist, Supply Chain Management (MPM)Apply Requisition ID 188929BR Most Recent Date Posted 10/22/2021
Summary of Role:
Primarily responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of the supply chain from a program perspective. Defines programme material strategy for the Business Area and influences across the business to ensure programmes succeed in bid and execution phases. The MPM is the prime internal interface regarding status and performance of the supply chain on programmes. Anticipates and fulfils customer needs in support of current programme and performance and follow on business. The MPM is skilled in providing innovative supply chain solutions to facilitate program cost and schedule performance, performing the role of Control Account Manager and significantly affecting profitability and working capital metrics.
Main Duties (Leading and/or Supporting):
- Liaising with peers from other disciplines and businesses and the Functional SLT.
- Serves as the liaison between Supply Chain, the program IPT and other primary stakeholders throughout a project lifecycle, with particular focus on coordination during the design and development phases.
- Creates, manages and executes material program strategy (MPS) and the material program plan (MPP) to ensure program competitiveness and performance from the front end of the business through contract closure.
- Provides comprehensive Supply Chain support for Gates 0-11 activities and ensures IPDP compliance for the programs and tailoring when applicable.
- Key activities typically include:
- financial management (i.e., EV, budgets, targets, working capital, material forecasts, etc.);
- overall ownership of the supplier management process (i.e., Supplier Risk/Opportunity Management Plan, supplier performance, metrics, international issues, develop/evaluate the MB/MW strategy, the Collaborative Agreement process, etc.); and
- communication of customer flow-through requirements such as DEFCON’s, FAR/DFARS, ITAR, offset, public law, quality, warranty, etc.
- The MPM may act as the Control Account Manager (CAM).
- Working at the front end of the business, the MPM identifies and secures Supply Chain resources to support the capture plan and manages the Supply Chain content of the proposal pipeline.
- Ensures that strategies are in alignment with market conditions, Raytheon requirements, goals and growth plans.
- Partners with stakeholders on affordability, manufacturability and producibility.
- Sets and manages Supply Chain material and Labour budget for programmes as Control Account Manager and is responsible for managing and reporting Estimate to Complete (ETC) and Estimate at Completion (EAC) against the Control Account.
- Responsible for forecasting and achievement of sales and cash payables.
- Engages with Buyers and Commodity Managers on supplier bid and selection criteria.
- Executes to customer requirements including government regulations, public law and Raytheon policies and procedures.
- Actively promotes the contributions that the function can make to achieving corporate objectives across the organisation, with stakeholders and with the supply chain
- Continually assesses and promotes sustainable and responsible procurement, including social, cultural and diversity values in the organisation and throughout the supply chain
- Evaluates the challenges faced by the programme(s)/organisation and the supply chains and takes action to mitigate risks and to develop opportunities
- Produces business cases/ briefing materials for management reviews
- Experience in Supply Chain, Subcontract Management, Procurement, Commodity and/or related field
- Related degree//MCIPS/BA/MBA or equivalent
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Able to lead or perform effectively in a multi functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communications and ability to brief at mid-mgmt level
- Knowledge of import/export legislation and logistical requirements
- Experience of programme management skills (IPDS/Risk Management/Programme Gating/ Metrics/SOW Development/Business Finance)
- Experience in medium/high complexity proposal and programme governance activities
- Administration of delivery/acceptance/invoicing of goods and services
- Experience in or exposure to negotiating low/medium complexity non-standard agreements
- Experience of problem solving and dispute resolution at mid-management level
- Experience or knowledge of MRP, SAP and purchase order placement/ material receipt processes
- Experience of working with complex international suppliers/programmes
- Experience managing a team
- Ability/Experience to manage a medium sized team with focus on policy and strategy implementation, along with operational plans with measurable contribution towards the achievement of results of the sub-function.
- Experience in development of operational plans that generates processes and standards in support of the functional strategy and goals.
- Experience as Control Account Manager
- Experience of Team mate selection and Teaming Agreements
- Experience of developing and managing Subcontractor Relationship Management and collaborative working
- 6 Sigma process improvement skillset
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester and a presence across customer sites together with remote working practices. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs over 2,000 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business.
Type Of Job
Permanent - Full Time
United Kingdom - Glenrothes
United Kingdom - Harlow
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Apply