Business Improvement Project ManagerApply Requisition ID 184812BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/29/2021
Req ID: 184812BR
Location: UK Sites which includes hybrid working arrangement
Summary of Role
This is a complex and challenging role that will be highly rewarding and high profile, with extensive communication and interfacing with customers, internal stakeholders, other Raytheon companies and industry stakeholders.
The role will be responsible for execution of high-profile business improvement projects which will including key involvement in the deployment of CORE.
- Key player in CORE project leadership
- Manage priority business improvement projects and workshops to deliver tangible benefits to the relevant business or function.
- Develop strong relationships with sponsors & stakeholders to ensure that they are meeting their commitments to the projects.
- Facilitate complex problem solving initiatives utilising Raytheon 6-Sigma tools and techniques as appropriate.
- Identify project risks and opportunities, quantify and produce mitigation, capture and contingency plans.
- Organise and deliver training to the workforce in R6s / CORE tools and methods.
- Champion the use or R6s / CORE tools and methods in problem solving andperformance improvement
- Coach individuals and teams to R6s / CORE improvement project completion and qualifications
- Engage and align senior leaders to enable delivery of Business Improvement goals.
- Degree or equivalent qualification or experience in relevant domain area
- Experience in Project Management with a successful track record in setting up and executing full lifecycle programmes
- Demonstrable ability and delivery in continuous improvement approaches with relevant qualifications
- Strong leadership skills: A proactive team builder with experience managing and motivating a diverse team including workshop facilitation
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional attitude to work and quality and have a "can do' attitude.
- Current holder of or eligible to obtain SC or DV security clearance
- Experience within Manufacturing and/or Quality/Engineering organization.
- Domain knowledge or experience within the Military/Defence power systems business sector
- Membership of a relevant Professional Institution
- Earned Value Management
- Lean or 6-Sigma qualification
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com and search by req ID: 184812BR
Project & Programme Management
Type Of Job
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Apply