Sr Tech Support Engineer II
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
- Manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner
- Follow installation and user instruction guide “scripts” when handling different topics
- Identify customers’ needs, clarify information, explain procedures, answer questions, research every issue and provide solutions and/or alternatives
- Frequently attend educational seminars and updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions to improve knowledge and performance level
- Keep records of all conversations in our call center database in a comprehensible way
- Mock-up field conditions in a lab environment to duplicate and isolate reported malfunctions
- Work with other engineering disciplines and subject matter experts to resolve customer issues
- Up to 25% travel to off-site locations for field support and upgrades as required
- Willing to travel to sites in the Southwest Asia region
- Previous experience in a customer support role
- Ability to build sustainable relationships and engage customers by taking the extra mile
- Strong verbal communication skills along with active listening
- Maintain customer focus and adaptability to different personality types
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail, and the ability to work independently or with a group to complete assignments
- Proficient at multi-tasking, setting priorities and managing time effectively
- Existing Top Secret clearance with SCI preferred or the ability to obtain
- Current DoD 8570 IA Technical (IAT) Level II certification
- 6 + years’ experience with Raytheon proprietary digital switching system product line (DSS-2A, UMUX, TXP, IST-2, MDA, Admin, ECC, CEU, MSD, SECN)
- Proficient in DSS-2A switch operation, programming and system integration within the DRSN
- Understand the applications of circuit functionality and design in the DRSN
- Versed in theory of operations of communications systems and troubleshooting skills
- Skilled with Wind River vxWorks embedded operating systems
- Skilled in performing Software and Firmware upgrades on Windows, Linux, and VxWorks
- Experience reading, interpreting and executing statements of work, drawing packages, wiring diagrams, floor plans, technical documentation, directives and standards
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of software to include Visio, and OneNote
- Skilled at using serial console sessions to log into equipment, e.g. PuTTy
- Familiar with DISA’s Promina Network and Juniper IP communications equipment
- Familiar with government voice, dedicated and bulk encryption devices
- Familiar with the operation and installation of Internet Protocol (IP) switches and routers
- Experience installing, grounding, bonding electronic equipment and enclosures
- Experience with cable producing equipment and specialty tools (i.e. MILSpec, Stewart, Crimping)
- Trained with various digital multi-meters and fiber-optic detection and measuring equipment
- Trained in electronics, low voltage and common input power
- Understand and practice Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) safety standards
- Understand Emissions Security (EMSEC) standards related to RED/Black installations
- Familiar with AC No: 43.13-1B; Acceptable Methods and Practices Aircraft Inspection and Repair, specifically Chapter 11 Aircraft Electrical Systems
- Familiar with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) aircraft modification approval processes
- Familiar with aircraft avionics and general maintenance technology and practices (A&P)
Associate Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or related technical area of study and 10 years of experience or 14 years of relevant experience. Will accept equivalent related experience in lieu of degree.177433
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Ability to Telecommute
Type Of Job
Germany - Stuttgart
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).