Senior Software Engineer
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Are you amazed by the satellite views of cool places on Earth? Are you excited by the fire and fury of a rocket launching into space to examine distant galaxies? All of these capabilities are made possible by the products made by Raytheon. We invite you to consider joining us in developing the next generation of space-based imaging systems.
Raytheon’s NASA EED-2 Program is seeking an Senior Software Engineer to work in a fast-paced Agile development environment performing operations, design, and development for the NASA Earthdata Cloud. Earthdata Cloud is a core capability in NASA’s Earth Observing System Data Information System (EOSDIS), which provides end-to-end capabilities for managing NASA’s Earth science data from various sources – satellites, aircraft, field measurements, and other programs. As a member of the Raytheon EED-2 team you will ensure adherence to operational agreements and polices (including response times), compliance to program and NASA standards and requirements (including Section 508 compliance), leveraging of industry best practices for automation and scalability of assets, and implementation of issue detection and alerts.
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Bachelor degree and at least 6 years of engineering experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of application hosting, with 2 years of experience using Cloud Services in an Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) or Platform as Service (PAAS) environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), including networking and serverless services such as Lambda and Step Functions
- 2-4 years of programming / scripting experience in C++, BASH, Python, Java and Java script particularly within an Agile development environment.
- Experience in supporting infrastructures and operations using DevOps automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform. Focus on high availability of hardware, data replication, and provide real-time recovery in failure situations
- Familiar with core suite of AWS services related to DevOps, with particular depth in those that are heavily used when providing DevOps automation solutions, including the Management and Deployment services such as Terraform and IAM
- A strong desire to automate processes, build software tools, and create infrastructure-as-code solutions in a DevOps environment.
Experience with the UNIX OS.
Experience with full life cycle Software design and development experience on large/complex n-tier client/server applications.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Type Of Job
MD - Riverdale
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).