Systems Administrator I
Richardson, Texas, Aurora, Colorado
Raytheon Technologies' Re-Empower Program provides a unique opportunity for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking a career break. This 14-week paid program will provide multiple resources and opportunities that will assist participants in re-entering the workforce and re-engaging into their professional career paths. Meaningful and impactful assignments will provide on-the-job skill sharpening and development, while professional development, mentorship and networking opportunities will help propel performance to the next level.
- Glassdoor 2018 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
The System Administrator is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Designs, implements, codes, tests, documents, and maintains systems integration solutions to total system or subsystems. Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem. This position requires US Citizenship with a current TS/SCI with CI Poly Government Security Clearance.
• Must be a US Citizen with a current TS-SCI clearance with CI poly.
• 1+ years of experience directly related to Linux System Administration, including installation and maintenance of software and hardware.
• Experience administering Red Hat Linux or Microsoft Windows based systems with minimal support, to include Linux/Windows sub-systems, patching, packaging, performance tuning, networking, user management, and security.
• Hardware/software troubleshooting skills
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations.
• Must be able to travel up to 20% for installation support
• Must be able to support occasional after hour maintenance
• Required to provide pager (on-call) support
• Must have an active CompTIA Security+ CE or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification prior to your start date.
• Experience with scripting, particularly in shell scripting in sh and csh variants, Bash, Python, and PERL
• Experience with automation frameworks (Chef, Puppet, etc.)
• Experience administering Windows and Linux based systems
• Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common services such as DNS, sendmail, and LDAP
• Experience with recent versions of VMware (ESXi and vCenter)
• Strong analytic and research skills - must be detail oriented
• Requires the ability to effectively interact with external personnel on technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and vendors
• Communication and diplomatic skills
BS Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience (BS degree = 8 years relevant experience). 166231
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
What does it take to be successful in the Re-Empower Program? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Strong Work Ethic
Raytheon’s Re-Empower Program has given me exactly the type of opportunity I’d been seeking. Having paused my professional career over a decade ago in order to focus on raising our young children, I found it daunting to return to a workforce where my skills felt somewhat dated. Raytheon recognized this challenge and thanks to the training, mentorship, and support I’ve encountered through the Re-Empower Program, I am back on the career track I’ve wanted - helping to build systems that are critical to the success of our customer and the security of our nation.– Nikki L., Senior Software Engineer Intelligence Information Services, GPS-OCX
What to Expect
- Step 1 Apply below with your updated resume. Career breaks are expected and a requirement of the program.
- Step 2 Recruiter will contact you if hiring managers are interested in inviting you to interview. This is a good time to ask about Raytheon and the program opportunities.
- Step 3 If a hiring manager is interested in interviewing you, you will be invited to participate in an on-site interview at our campus. Be prepared to answer questions about your strengths and development opportunities.
- Step 4 If selected, recruiter will be in contact with program offer and provide you with orientation and start date details. If not selected, you will receive a notification but remain eligible to be considered for other opportunities.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Paid Time Off is accrued on a monthly basis.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting your and your family's health and well-being, we offer a wide array of benefits designed to meet your needs. Note: Benefits may vary by business unit and location.
A Dependent Care Reimbursement Account helps you pay for eligible dependent care expenses using pre-tax dollars. Examples of eligible expenses include most forms of child care up to the age of 13, as well as certain forms of adult care necessary in order for you and your spouse, if married, to work or go to school full time. Through payroll deductions, you may set aside on a pre-tax basis up to $5,000 per year if single and $2,500 if married and filing separate returns
9 Employee Resource Groups
Raytheon’s network of employee resource groups creates opportunities to meet, collaborate, network and exchange ideas with people who share your interest, background, orientation or culture.
HOW TO GET BACK TO WORK AFTER A CAREER BREAK
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?