Project Manager - Learning SolutionsApply Requisition ID 172479BR Date updated 02/24/2021
Location - Portsmouth
The Project Manager is responsible for the plan and schedule of all learning program aspects including: curriculum development, learning implementation, budget, schedule, deliverables, profit and loss, customer relationship / interface and logistics for training events in support of the development and maintenance of training support services into the Royal Navy.
- Consulting with internal and external customers on learning requirements and provide feedback and suggestions related to best practices.
- Oversee and coordinate the operational aspects of learning solutions to include curriculum analysis and design and content development projects and services as a liaison between project management, planning, project team(s), and line management.
- Identifying and reporting project issues that affect productivity, quality and client satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Monitoring project progress, interventions and problem solving with team
- Leading the operational aspects of learning solutions to include the design and development projects
- Ensuring deliverables meet customer requirements and specifications
- Ensuring compliance with Raytheon policies and procedures
- Conducting clear, concise and accurate communication with all levels of the organization to include vice presidents, adult learners, facilitators and/or speakers.
- Exercising independent judgement and decision-making skills to mitigate known and unexpected issues.
- Demonstrated advanced project management experience in project management experience in a non-IT environment with advanced levels of proficiency in the following:
- Strong background designing learning solutions and leading development activities across a variety of media modalities including eLearning, VCT, ILT, Micro-learning and video
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, to include Project
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal business communication skills
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Analysing reports to provide actionable business intelligence
- Prioritizing and managing work assignments in order to meet project deadlines with attention to detail
- Working independently or as a team with minimal oversight
- Strong independent judgement and decision making skills
- Identifying potential issues and presenting solutions to mitigate risk
- Experience in the training/learning industry
- Be a critical thinker, a self-starter, and have the ability to work within a geographically dispersed matrixed organization.
- Working knowledge and understanding of DSAT (Defence Systems Approach to Training)
- Experience with the instructional design process
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Technology or related field
- Six Sigma and/or PMP certification or equivalent
Raytheon Professional Services (RPS) brings a strategic, consultative approach to address challenges for clients across industries and markets. We develop and implement training solutions to improve workforce performance and business results. Our award winning solutions include: content development and delivery, LMS and technology services, training administration, and learning strategy design. Leveraging decades of expertise and innovation, RPS delivers tailored learning and performance improvement solutions in more than 150 countries and 35 languages.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an Aerospace and Defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense. Its 195,000 employees deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cybersecurity. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 3 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements)
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists, Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the link to the website http://jobs.raytheon.com/united-kingdom/search/ and search for Req ID: 172479BR. Please complete the on-line instructions to create a profile and upload CV.
Please also view the Raytheon video: http://www.raytheon.com/ourcompany/ourculture/
Ability to Telecommute
Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19
Training & Development
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Portsmouth
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.