Media Developer - Training SolutionsApply Requisition ID 179279BR Most Recent Date Posted 06/16/2021
Location - Portsmouth
NB - Oct 21 start date, with interviews beginning mid June onwards
Raytheon Professional Services is looking for a Media Developer who will is responsible for the development of learning and training materials and courseware to support Course Modernisation requirements as part of an integrated Design and Development team in the Portsmouth office. The courseware may be produced for many different industries and will be delivered in a variety of interactive media.
- Creating and/or modifying interactive media content utilizing a variety of web and graphics development tools such as: HMTL5, XML, CSS and Adobe Animate
- Utilizing a variety of development tools to populate media content: Incorporating external media (audio, video, 2d/3d artwork, etc.) into deliverables, setting variables/parameters.
- Developing conceptual and technical graphics of varying degrees of complexity.
- Retouching/manipulation photos.
- Participating in content design and planning throughout the development process.
The ideal candidate has a background in media production for electronic, print, and web formats, is comfortable working within a standardized development environment, thinks creatively, excels in a collaborative team atmosphere, and is detail oriented. A professional attitude, ability to follow technical and workflow processes, and solid communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrated experience creating and developing media content with intermediate levels of proficiency in the following:
- Web content and interactive animation development utilizing Adobe Animate, Canvas, HTML5, Java Script, XML, and CSS
- Media development utilizing Adobe Photoshop and assorted Adobe applications
- Technical and non-technical illustration (artistic ability)
- Layout and composition; ability to organize and layout content visually
- E-publishing (Adobe InDesign), print coordination, presentation development
- Presentation and document development using MS Word and PowerPoint
- Must be organized and work well both independently and in a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to comprehend/interpret technical and non-technical information and apply it to visual media and animations
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment
- E-learning development utilizing Articulate Storyline, Articulate 360
- Audio and/or Video editing skills
- Knowledge of SCORM, Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Familiarity with development for mobile deployment (tablets, smart phones, etc.)
- Demonstrate qualification in Digital Media, Fine Arts, Web Development or a related field
- University degree or equivalent experience
Raytheon Professional Services (RPS) brings a strategic, consultative approach to address challenges for clients across industries and markets. We develop and implement training solutions to improve workforce performance and business results. Our award winning solutions include: content development and delivery, LMS and technology services, training administration, and learning strategy design. Leveraging decades of expertise and innovation, RPS delivers tailored learning and performance improvement solutions in more than 150 countries and 35 languages.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an Aerospace and Defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense. Its 195,000 employees deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cybersecurity. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 3 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements)
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists, Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition. Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the link to the website http://jobs.raytheon.com/united-kingdom/search/ and search for Req ID: 179279BR. Please complete the on-line instructions to create a profile and upload CV.
Please also view the Raytheon video: http://www.raytheon.com/ourcompany/ourculture/
Publications & Graphic Arts
Training & Development
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Portsmouth
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Apply