Instructional DesignerApply Requisition ID 175924BR Date updated 04/06/2021
Location - Portsmouth
Raytheon Professional Services is looking for an early career Instructional Designer. This position is responsible for the design of learning and training materials and courseware to support further content development as part of an integrated Course Modernisation Design and Development team. The courseware may be produced for many different industries and will be delivered in a variety of interactive media.
- Developing training across several platforms such as eLearning, Virtual Classroom Training (VCT), Print-based and Interactive materials and/or Instructor-Led hands-on training
- Applying the ADDIE model for eLearning, Virtual Classroom, and Instructor-Led media Developing training and materials that are instructionally sound, grammatically correct, and consistent with approved style guides. Consistently develop training and materials that meet customer expectations. Communicate learning concepts effectively.
- Interface daily with Project Manager, Project Lead, Subject Matter Expert(s), as well as, members of functional teams such as Graphic Artists and test lab personnel.
Demonstrated experience creating and developing training materials and courseware with intermediate levels of proficiency in the following:
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting schedule, cost and quality controls
- Research content and glean information from technical, soft skill, and business documentation, engineering personnel, or other technical subject matter experts to design the appropriate learning solution
- Organize and lay out content visually, including detailed graphic design instructions
- Write learning and performance-based objectives
- Apply knowledge of commonly-used concepts practices and procedures within Instructional Systems Design
- Responsibility for assigned courseware development, timelines, and budget activities
- Independently perform design/development duties and adhere to instructions and established guidelines
- Presentation and document development using MS Word and PowerPoint
- Limited travel to support development and validation of course materials
- Valid driving licence required
- Working knowledge and understanding of DSAT (Defence Systems Approach to Training) course design requirements
- Experience in using the latest development tools, such as, Captivate, Articulate 3 and /or Articulate Storyline 360, and Adobe products
- Excellent writing skills (use of language, grammar, spelling, organizing content)
- Ability to work with a diverse group of professionals across multiple functions to ensure project requirements are met
- Ability to work with Virtual team members
- Ability to organize and lay out content visually, including detailed graphic design instructions
- Instructional Design Degree or demonstrate qualification and practical experience in Instructional Systems Design.
- University degree programs such as Organizational Development, Human Performance Technology, Adult Education, Human Factors Engineering, Industrial/Process Engineering or related area or equivalent experience.
Raytheon Professional Services (RPS) brings a strategic, consultative approach to address challenges for clients across industries and markets. We develop and implement training solutions to improve workforce performance and business results. Our award winning solutions include: content development and delivery, LMS and technology services, training administration, and learning strategy design. Leveraging decades of expertise and innovation, RPS delivers tailored learning and performance improvement solutions in more than 150 countries and 35 languages.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an Aerospace and Defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense. Its 195,000 employees deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cybersecurity. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the link to the website http://jobs.raytheon.com/united-kingdom/search/ and search for Req ID: 175924BR. Please complete the on-line instructions to create a profile and upload CV.
Please also view the Raytheon video: http://www.raytheon.com/ourcompany/ourculture/
Ability to Telecommute
Part time telecommuting
Training & Development
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Portsmouth
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Apply