Program Chief Engineer
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
***This position is contingent on contract award ***
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS) is growing! We have an immediate opportunity for a collaborative and highly skilled PROGRAM CHIEF ENGINEER based in ORLANDO, FL. We hire creative thinkers wishing to work with emerging technologies creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
ExploreRaytheon Intelligence & Space
The Program Chief Engineer will lead our engineering and technical team based in Orlando, FL. The Program Chief Engineer is responsible for the technical execution and design of a program overseeing all technical aspects and is accountable to the Program Manager. The technical execution and design of a program includes the technical solution, performance of the technical team (cost and schedule), management of the program technical team, and producing customer reviews and deliverables. Technical aspects of the program include providing Engineering oversite for Infrastructure and Application development and integration in an Agile and DevOps Environment. The program will manage and support the development of technology insertions, integrating software and hardware enhancements into the training environment while maintaining a level of capability that will enable customers to conduct remote training, exercises, mission rehearsals and certification from distributed locations. The Program Chief Engineer will lead the establishment of processes and infrastructure enhancements needed to support updates to the customer utilizing Agile and Dev/Ops techniques.
The Program Chief Engineer serves as the primary day-to-day contact between Raytheon and the customer program Chief Engineer. The Program Chief Engineer provides direction and guidance to a cross-functional team working closely with subordinate engineers to address daily question and issues which may arise in the course of completing work against schedules and deadlines. This role requires the ability to quickly make effective decisions in order to resolve issues.
The position may require the ability to travel to various government facilities up to 20% of the time.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED:
* Candidate must be a United States Citizen, able to obtain/maintain a US Government security clearance (up to TS/SCI) and also eligible to obtain any necessary Export Authorization.
* An active/current clearance up to TS/SCI, eligible for crossover, is preferred.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related STEM discipline from an accredited institution.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum of 12 years in systems, software or computer engineering
* Ability to obtain/maintain US Government security clearance (up to TS/SCI)
* Experience with process improvement initiatives
* Experience leading multiple development teams to design and build software systems following the Agile methodology
* Experience leading diverse engineering teams including the technical team, Government, and other contractors
* Experience developing and delivering program presentations
* Experience leading development teams implementing CI/CD pipelines
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience making effective decisions in order to resolve issues
* Experience with cloud infrastructure, application modernization, and COTS and open source solutions.
* Experience with modern software architectures and modern software development
* Experience using DOORS, Rhapsody, MagicDraw or other requirements management and system architecture tools
* Experience with virtualization and containerization
* Experience in both Windows and Linux/Unix environments
* Experience with infrastructure automation.
** COVID-19 DISCLOSURE **
Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment or submit to regular COVID testing.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Ability to Telecommute
Type Of Job
FL - Orlando
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).