Windows/Linux Systems Administrator
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Responsibilities and Duties will include:
- Development, installation, configuration, maintenance, and urgent troubleshooting efforts
- Perform administration and maintenance of infrastructure and desktops
- Planning, coordination, and execution of operating system installations and upgrades as well as patches, and service pack releases
- Install and configure systems, servers, workstations and peripherals
- Respond to all system administration related work requests, including working with system maintainers, system engineering analysis, and integration efforts
- Maintain and update standards documentation.
Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field and a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- An Active and in-scope U.S. TS/SCI security clearance with C.I. Polygraph.
- Must have a current DODI 8570.01-M IAT Level II (minimum).
- Experience with Windows system administration on MS Server 2012 and workstations running Windows 7
- Experience with Security hardening and patching
- Excellent communication and customer interaction skills
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Team player that is willing to provide support to a variety of tasks and to support unplanned high priority customer activities
- Available to work occasional overtime as required
- Experience with:
- VMWare ESXi
- Windows 10
- Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) compliance
- Application support
- End user support
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Network support
- UNIX/Linux command line familiarity
- SQL database experience
This position requires either a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.175860
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Ability to Telecommute
TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
Australia - Northern Territory
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).