Embedded Systems Security Engineer
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Raytheon Intelligence & Space is seeking a talented Embedded Systems Security Engineer (SSE) to join the Secure Systems Department. This position is in a technical growth area and we need individuals who can apply their technical knowledge and experience to system security engineering and program protection concerns within the key areas of cybersecurity, anti-tamper, software assurance, supply chain exploitation, and threat and design vulnerability analysis.
The SSE will participate in the development of embedded security solutions, and will be responsible for leading and executing the security efforts for secure system products. Activities will consist of security subsystem specifications, security subsystem architecture, interface descriptions, RMF assessment and authorization, and vulnerability assessments.
The SSE must be able to work independently and as a member of a team in coordination with engineers in development, integration, test and modeling. The SSE will exhibit a high degree of creativity and ingenuity, and will be responsible for developing advanced systems /security integrity and information assurance leveraging RMF guidelines and concepts. The SSE must be able to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers, and will be required to brief senior company and customer leadership teams.
***US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED AS SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A US SECURITY CLEARANCE AS OF DAY ONE OF EMPLOYMENT***
- Minimum 8 years of progressive technical (hands-on) experience related to Embedded Systems/Software/Electrical Engineering, architecture, requirements, determination, development, and implementation
- Extensive hands-on experience designing, implementing, testing, and fielding real-time Embedded security-oriented solutions on Department of Defense (DoD) programs
- Demonstrated working knowledge of secure systems technologies, methodologies, policies and guidelines
- Experience with design/development/implementation in at least one of the following areas: Anti-Tamper (HW, SW, Systems), Cybersecurity, Software Assurance, Supply Chain Risk Management
- Ability to interact with customers to define requirements, solutions, trades, costs, implementation, system impacts, and effectiveness
- Develop top-level system requirements, and flow down requirements and implementation concepts to subsystems
- Experience with direct interfaces with respect to customer representatives and external suppliers
- Experience with commercial-off-the-shelf security technologies and trusted products
- ACTIVE Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain additional program-level special clearances
- U.S. Citizen as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
- Experience in System Integrity, Intel community Security design, or related field
- Familiarity with cryptography and cryptographic applications
- Experience with certification and accreditation of cryptographic, anti-tamper, and other security-related engineering products / systems
- Experience in Project Management and Earned Value Management
- Experience with multi-level security solutions
- Experience performing reverse engineering
- Background in both Systems Engineering and Software Engineering practices
- Knowledge of security standards, methods, and policies; risk and threat analysis; technical security safeguards; and operational security measures
- Knowledge of Program Protection Plan (PPP) required by DoDI 5000.02 and DoDI 5200.39
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related field; Advanced degree(s) preferred
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Ability to Telecommute
Secret - Current
Chemical Engineering/Material Science
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Plan Prod Control Specialist I McKinney
- Integrated Product Team Leader (IPTL) - Special Mission Aircraft (SMA) Test and Integration McKinney
- Sr. Principal Systems Engineer - High Energy Laser Lead Systems Engineer McKinney
- Sr. Multi-Disciplined Engineer / Software Engineer - Antenna Measurement McKinney
- Sr. Principal Systems Engineer - Beam Director McKinney
- Sr Systems Engineer I - Antenna Product Test McKinney