Systems ArchitectApply Requisition ID 182043BR Date updated 06/17/2021
- Opportunity to work on an exciting new defence program
- Permanent full-time leadership role
- Excellent Career Progression and Development Opportunities
The System Architect will join our team in Mawson Lakes, Adelaide to help build and lead a team to develop this major new system. The Architect will lead the Architecture definition for the Mission and Support Systems. The project will operate using an agile approach covering both Systems and Software Engineering development while ensuring all engineering design is undertaken in accordance with specified engineering plans and procedures so that all deliverables are safe and fit for purpose. Key to your success will be the ability to apply architectural analysis within an agile project team.
- Develop and implement the system architecture
- Work with customer and other stakeholders to translate their needs into an implementable architecture
- Transfer knowledge and understanding to new approaches of architecture and design grounded in the application and mentor the broader team to ensure their design is consistent with the architecture
- Oversee the governance of the program architecture
- Identify and address technical risks
- Support presentation of the system architecture to program and customer stakeholders
- Relevant degree in an engineering discipline sufficient to meet the entry requirements for membership in Engineers Australia at the grade of Chartered Professional (CPEng)
- Experience in working with architectural frameworks
- Minimum eight years' engineering experience including experience in the architecture and design of large systems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Defence NV1 security clearance
Raytheon Australia is a capability partner for Australia’s Defence, delivering whole-of-life solutions to the ADF. Since its establishment in 1999, Raytheon Australia has committed to developing a truly sovereign workforce and comprehensive defence capability for Australia, with a team of 1,500 employees delivering high-tech capability across all domains.
Ability to Telecommute
Negative Vetting 1
Type Of Job
Australia - South Australia
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Apply
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.