Financial Planning & Accounting AnalystApply Requisition ID 178960BR Date updated 04/20/2021
- Leading Defence Contractor committed to driving strategic growth
- Tailored career & development opportunities
- Located in our new Centre for Joint Integration
The Financial Planning & Accounting Analyst is responsible for supporting the business through the coordination, preparation, reporting and provision of accurate and concise analysis of the company’s budgets and forecasts. The role supports the development of the company’s five year financial plans and annual operating plans, functional overhead budgets (indirect and direct), preparation of the monthly financial reports for each business area, coordination and explanation of monthly and year-to-date variances and insightful analysis of drivers of performance.
- Produce monthly management reporting for the company (monthly financial reports, US results file, monthly operations review packs, Leadership Team finance reports, and functional overhead reports).
- Prepare financial metrics and analysis for management reviews and analysis of financial performance of company business including forecasting and analysis of full year forecast against the budget and prior period.
- Meet reporting deadlines monthly / quarterly / annually in accordance with the finance calendar.
- Process enhancements by effectively leveraging the potential of core financial systems.
- Support the development of the Five Year Financial Plan, Annual Operating Plan and functional overhead budgets.
- Reconciliation of bookings and backlog reporting.
- Ability to probe and challenge financial reports to provide more meaningful analysis.
- Requires a University Degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent experience with a minimum of 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Ability to make adjustments or recommended enhancements to systems and processes to solve problems or improve the effectiveness of the work area.
- Understanding and knowledge of AUS Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)/Accounting.
- Ability to collaborate and work in teams across geographic, organisational and functional boundaries.
- Requires practical knowledge of financial analysis and the ability to provide guidance and assistance to less experienced professionals and/or support employees, as required.
Raytheon Australia is a trusted partner in delivering systems integration and mission support solutions to our customers. As one of the most reputable high technology companies in the world, Raytheon Australia delivers innovative solutions to protect, defend and secure.
Ability to Telecommute
Type Of Job
Australia - South Australia
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.