Principal Systems Engineer - Chief Engineer
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) is seeking a talented engineer to join the SEC Department as a Program Chief Engineer. The Chief Engineer (CE) is the single engineering leadership point of contact and is responsible for all engineering execution of a program including technical, schedule, and financial performance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary program engineering leadership POC with the customer counterpart
- Establish and manage a product vision, strategy and goals to align the Program with the Customer and facilitate conflict resolution
- Support growth opportunities to turn into captured new business
- Responsible for the entirety of engineering execution including technical budget, cost, schedule and metrics
- Determines & monitors technical priorities to meet cost, schedule & performance for the entire program
- Establishes and maintains the program technical baseline, ensuring the product is optimized to meet the contractual needs and can be executed within program budget and schedule
- Monitor and trend staffing against planned work; proactively engage with Engineering functions to ensure adequate resource assignment.
- Ensure effective use of independent reviews and achieve on-time completion of all Program Engineering reviews
- Responsible for the Earned Value and/or financial management of the engineering content on a program.
- Ensures proper Engineering Risk and Opportunity management (ensures Eng risks are captured, mitigation plans in place across IPTs)
- Provide cross-IPT technical leadership and coordination - Ensure Engineering leads assigned to program are engaged in all aspects of their program
- Encourage a diverse workforce by promoting diverse opinions and thought processes and through staffing
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Systems, Software or Hardware engineering
- Must have proven leadership skills and behavior
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS), IMS, & IMP tools or equivalent for managing programs
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams of system design professionals including electrical, mechanical, software and logistics engineers
- U.S. Citizenship status as this position requires the ability to obtain DoD Secret U.S. Security Clearance within one year of start date and will require the ability to access US only data systems
- Engineering experience on development or integration programs
- Capability in leading an IPT or cross-function teams in program execution
- Strong knowledge in proposal development, particularly Basis of Estimate development, and other contract deliverable artifacts
- Skilled presenter with prior responsibility for dealing with customers, management, technical staff, and internal / external organizations
- Experience with accountability; responsibility for prioritizing work tasks and customer requirements across multiple teams
- Team building and motivational skills - training and developing team in disciplined engineering processes,
- Proven leadership skills and behaviors
- Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with minimal oversight.
- Strong communication, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Risk and opportunity management, scope management,
- Knowledge of Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) Engineering products, technologies, and processes
- Active DOD Secret security clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) from an accredited educational institution (i.e. Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, etc.)
- Master of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) from an accredited educational institution (i.e. Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, etc.)
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Manager II Financial Planning & Analysis Marlborough
- Manager II-Program Management Largo, St. Petersburg, North Andover, Billerica, Burlington, Marlborough, Tewksbury, Forest, Nashua, Dallas, McKinney
- Supply Chain and Operations Intern - SOPHOMORE El Segundo, Goleta, Largo, Fort Wayne, Marlborough, Forest, Dallas, McKinney, Dulles
- New College Grad: Firmware Engineer I Marlborough
- Mgr I Financial Analysis Marlborough
- Multiple-Disciplined Engineerr II Marlborough