Technical Support Engineering Officer
Macquarie Park, Australia
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
- Flexible working environment
- Leading Defence Contractor committed to driving strategic growth
- Based in Macquarie Park, NSW
- Provide electrical and electronics technical services as required for the manufacture and implementation of hardware systems and subsystems.
- Provide support to hardware design, analysis, review and performance testing.
- Provide assistance as directed to resolve hardware integration issues that involve interconnectivity and cabling.
- Ensure assigned hardware systems/sub-systems designs are implemented according to company standards and procedures.
- Coordinate and conduct cable design and drafting work.
- Build, manufacture and assembly of complex cable looms and electronic assembly and disassembly.
- Complete detailed electrical design for hardware designs and review engineering artefacts including special technical investigations, engineering change proposals, logistics support analysis, obsolescence monitoring, publication amendments and deviations.
- Requires a Certificate III in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or electrical trades training and experience with a minimum of 3 years relevant post-qualification experience required.
- Experience with 2D AutoCAD design for electrical and mechanical systems is desirable.
- Familiarity with electrical manufacturing standards and methods and AS1100 drawing standards is desirable.
- Experience with Military/Defence standard cabling manufacturing, tooling, methods and documentation would be seen as desirable.
- Experience in the support of repackaging design, ruggedisation and integration of COTS items for use in a military environment is desirable.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission by clicking the "apply" button below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Australia is a trusted partner in delivering systems integration and mission support solutions to our customers. As one of the most reputable high technology companies in the world, Raytheon delivers innovative solutions to protect, defend and secure.
Ability to Telecommute
Negative Vetting 1
Type Of Job
Australia - New South Wales
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).