Programme Engineering Manager
Harlow, United Kingdom
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Job - Programme Engineering Manager (Global Sensors)
ID - 178614BR
Location - Harlow
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge, working as part of an experienced integrated programme team, in a customer focussed delivery Environment. Do you relish the opportunity to lead and develop a high performing, cross functional technical team, to drive continuous improvement to their technical delivery and innovation into our products? Are you comfortable in leading technical engagements with culturally diverse customers and leading an experienced Engineering team, to achieve technical excellence and profitable delivery?
We are currently looking for an Programme Engineering Manager to join our Air Traffic Management Systems Team for the delivery of class leading new and upgraded radar systems to a global base of customers
As the Engineering leader for one or more of our projects, your responsibilities would mainly include:
• Engineering leadership of a multi disciplined team of technical experts, responsible for the technical development and delivery of Raytheon's industry leading and world class radar systems, products and services to commercial aviation customers around the Globe.
• Generation of the Engineering development plan and then execution against Raytheon’s standards and aligned to the overall Programme’s needs from early bid phase through to final delivery
• Work package management including planning, tracking and reporting of key performance indicators for the work to be performed, working collaboratively with the Programme Manager and rest of the Programme Team.
• External technical first point of contact and liaison for key internal and external customer organisations, including regular reporting of status using agreed methods and measures
• Close liaison with Design Authority to ensure technical integrity of programmes
• Management cost adherence to the programme budgets, using ‘earned value’ techniques.
Technical leadership experience, including but not limited to the following:
• Proven expertise in managing delivery of complex multi-disciplined development programmes, using discretion in tailoring effectively to meet challenging programme needs.
• Clear understanding of financial management and impacts on programmes
• Demonstrated competency for strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management.
• Extensive experience in systems engineering and guidance of multidiscipline, high-performance teams (cross-functional experience highly desirable).
• Demonstrated competency in relating efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
• Proven ability to work independently, as well as a member of a team and ability to advise programme teams and stakeholders.
• Broad based technical background with experience in systems design and integration.
• Knowledge of software development and delivery methodologies
• Excellent communicator internally and externally at all levels, and represents the organisation and programme professionally and with integrity.
• Desirable - Experience within UK/US International defence industry or similar adjacent industry
Must be willing and eligible to hold SC security clearance and possibly obtain DV clearance if required
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
• 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
• Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
• 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
• Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
• Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com and search by location or Req ID: 178614BR.178614
Ability to Telecommute
Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Programme Engineering Manager (contractor - 6 months) Harlow
- Bid & Proposal Manager, SAS United Kingdom, Broughton, Glenrothes, Harlow
- Principal Hardware Engineer Glenrothes, Harlow, Livingston
- Technical Accounting & Internal Controls Manager United Kingdom, Glenrothes, Harlow, Livingston, Greater Manchester
- Principal Hardware Engineer (APNT) Harlow
- Embedded Software Engineer Harlow