Programme Engineering Manager - Training Solutions
Harlow, United Kingdom
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Programme Engineering Manager Training Solutions
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in a Program Engineering Manager within our Training Solutions business. This new role encompasses Engineering management and the delivery of our customer-centric Training Solutions, where you will lead the Engineering team from the bid and proposal, planning, delivery and ongoing service
- Oversite of Engineering activities across the Training solutions reporting to the Head of Engineering within the Cyber, Intelligence and Training Solutions Business.
- Develop a strong technical capability within Raytheon, working closely with the Training Solutions Architect / Design Authority to define the resources to develop winning, high integrity solutions.
- Work package management including planning, tracking and reporting of key performance indicators to programme stakeholders.
- Ensure all phases of the programme are subject to Gate and Design reviews in accordance to the Development Plan, and all issues are resolved in an effective manner.
- Responsible for programme adherence to schedule.
- Manage cost adherence to the programme budgets, using ‘earned value’ techniques
- Risk management for all Engineering deliverables and effective mitigation actions
- Resource management of engineering functions.
- Ensure all documentation, specifications and deliverables are managed via a Configuration Management Plan and achieve correct Design Certifications.
- Setting of goals and appraising Engineering staff and agreeing project specific training needs.
- Technical point of contact and liaison point for key customer organisations.
- Technical interface and management of programme’s contractors & sub-contractors.
- Supporting Business Development in their roles of securing new business and setting strategy for the business.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven expertise in managing the delivery of complex development programmes, using discretion and innovative approaches to meet challenging programme needs.
- Clear understanding of financial management and impacts on programmes
- Experience and knowledge of managing and motivating an engineering team with varying and diverse skills
- Good problem solving skills and ability to use a varied “tool box” creatively
- Can operate on day to day activities without losing sight of the “big picture”
- Effective communicator internally and externally at all levels, and represents the organisation and programme professionally and with integrity.
- Confident and competent in a “customer facing” role, represents the organisation as the engineering contact on contracts and projects.
- Resourceful, decisive and resilient in achieving commitments
- Demonstrable experience over a range of programmes, preferably in the Defence and / or Technical Training sector.
- BSc / BEng. in Software, Engineering, Science, or Aeronautical Engineering
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Airborne ISR, Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber & Intelligence.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
· 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Ability to Telecommute
Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19
Training & Development
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Principal Systems Engineer (Directed Energy Weapons) Harlow
- Senior Finance Analyst United Kingdom, Glenrothes, Harlow
- IT Desktop Engineering Support Analyst - Contractor Glenrothes, Harlow
- Principal Java Software Engineer (6 month contract) Harlow, Warminster
- Engineering Manager (ATMS) Harlow
- Principal Hardware Engineer Glenrothes, Harlow, Livingston