Principal Hardware Engineer (APNT)
Harlow, United Kingdom
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Role: Principal Hardware Engineer
ID - 178220BR
Raytheon UK is looking for an experienced and high performing Principal Senior Engineer to join a successful Assured Position, Navigation and Timing (APNT) team within the Global Sensors Mission Area, creating Digital GPS Anti-Jam Systems for the military market.
The role will be based at Raytheon’s Harlow facility and the successful candidate will report directly to the Engineering Manager APNT Digital Hardware Engineering SectionLead.
The Principal Senior Hardware Engineer will be able make their mark on a broad and varied range of product designs, and will be expected to assist in the integration of these designs into products. being the focal point for the complete They will have the opportunity to support engineering solutions, overseeing the integration of contributions from all other engineering disciplines – including systems, hardware, mechanical, software, safety and reliability.
Above all, this is the ideal opportunity for a self-starting senior engineer who wants to work on exciting technology and product development projects in a collaborative environment.
This role includes:
• Digital Signal Processor design and development with technical leadership – From the initial concept stage, developing these concepts through to final production and certification.
• Leading Working within the product hardware team and working with all other engineering disciplines throughout the design cycle, in a collaborative working and shared environment.
• Working with Customers and the Product Design Authority to develop and shape the technical requirements design and then manage these requirements through the in order to meet the requirements set during product development.
• Interface with suppliers and industry experts.
• Liaison with academia partners for various work packages.
• Solving complex technical problems on new and existing GPS Anti-Jam Products.
• Support and mentor junior engineers through their activities
• Good knowledge of high speed digital design (up to GHz), electro-mechanical and / or thermal product design within harsh environments.
• Design of circuits in analogue and digital, with exposure to FPGA or DSP control.Experience of interfacing your designs into established systems
• Fully understand circuit operation, debug, diagnose and implement fixes.
• Demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills, willing to take ownership as well as positively contributing within cross-disciplined teams.
• Able to prioritise and manage their tasks to ensure all are completed to time and schedule
• Develop hardware concepts efficiently from limited or vague customer requirements and communicate potential solutions.
• Proven experience in technical leadership across multi-disciplined teams.
• Experience in interpretation of customer specs and end use environments.
• Good communication skills. Ability to tailor communications to level and audience at all levels.
• Excellent stakeholder management and customer interfacing skills.
• Willingness to travel throughout the UK, Europe and the US.
• Understands the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
• Eligible or current holder of SC security clearance.
• Experience with interfacing to RF circuitry and high speed D/A /A/D conversion
• Experience using the Mentor Graphics tool suite; xDxX Designer, Constraints Editor, HyperLynx tools such as Signal Integrity & Power Analyser, SystemVision simulation or equivalents would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of Firmware development, design and test using suitable toolsets (i.e. Xilinx Vivado, ModelSim)
• Proven analytical skills in circuit simulation (Matlab, LT Spice)) and thermal analysis.
• Product Quality Testing and Certification.
• Experience of working with Industry standard toolsets for requirement capture, design and task management (e.g. DOORs, Microsoft Project).
• HND/ BEng/ MSc / MEng in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or similar, discipline or equivalent education and experience.
• Chartered Engineer.
Candidates with other qualifications and relevant experience will be considered.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
• 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
• Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
• 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
• Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
• Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com and search by location or Req ID: 178220BR.178220
Ability to Telecommute
Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Programme Engineering Manager (contractor - 6 months) Harlow
- Bid & Proposal Manager, SAS United Kingdom, Broughton, Glenrothes, Harlow
- Principal Hardware Engineer Glenrothes, Harlow, Livingston
- Technical Accounting & Internal Controls Manager United Kingdom, Glenrothes, Harlow, Livingston, Greater Manchester
- Programme Engineering Manager Harlow
- Embedded Software Engineer Harlow