IT Project Manager
Harlow, United Kingdom
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Location: Harlow, Essex - Some flexibility for home working
Security clearance: Ability to obtain DV status
Summary of Role:
Raytheon UK is looking for an experienced, dynamic and high performing Project Manager to lead on the delivery of IT projects within the Command & Control, Space and Intelligence (CSI) business area.
This is a complex role that will be highly rewarding and high profile, with extensive communication and interfacing with both internal and external stakeholders, demanding excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of energy and stamina. The right candidate will be customer focused with a track record of delivering projects on time and to budget and will be able to effectively manage stakeholder relationships. You will be able to lead teams, be able to track project performance and look for creative and innovative solutions to challenges that arise.The role will be site based, but there will be some flexibility towards home working.
- Responsible for the delivery of assigned projects within the CSI business area
- Provide leadership for multi-disciplined project teams to ensure delivery to cost, time, quality commitments.
- Ensure that project goals, objectives and strategy are clearly communicated to the project team and that they are motivated to perform and deliver requirements
- Identify project risks and opportunities, quantify and produce mitigations, capture and contingency plans.
- Manage the day to day customer relationships, providing competitive and customer intelligence back into the business.
- Responsible for the development and management of project schedules
- Identify and develop resource plans to meet project requirements
- Work with functional managers to ensure that appropriate resources are available and allocated to support the project requirements
- Lead regular reporting of project status to both functional and business leadership
- Lead the continuous improvement, efficiency and evolution of the Program in line with changing end user requirements.
- Support the CSI business area in future bid and proposal processes in order to secure new business opportunities
- Approving project plans and preparing/reviewing EACs taking into account programme scope, achievement to date, ETC, EV metrics and all key risk and opportunities
- Experienced Project Manager with a successful track record in setting up and executing full lifecycle IT projects
- Leadership skills - ability to create, lead and motivate multi-disciplined teams.
- Logical problem solvers who can operate effectively under stretching project constraints
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Effective scope management and ability to understand and execute to customer requirements
- Effective stakeholder management including both customer interfacing and presenting to management
- Experienced in the principles of Risk Management
- Must be able to succeed in the high stress, fast paced environment of development.
- Candidate must be geographically flexible for travel when required.
- Energy and Drive; willing to work long hours when required
- Holder of current SC security clearance and willing to obtain the highest levels of UK Security Clearance
- Experience in managing IT projects within Defence industry highly desirable
- Experience in managing IT projects using agile methodologies (SAFe, SCRUM)
- Experience in managing IT infrastructure projects
- Experience of Bid and Proposal management, winning new, repeat or follow on business through leading and supplying winning proposals.
- Experience of effective management of projects using Earned Value Management, EVM techniques.
- Experienced in MS Project, EVMS and Cost Account Management
• 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Flexible Benefits
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Enhanced maternity & shared parental leave
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester and Manchester, Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country the company employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country.
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.164566
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).