Electrical Design Engineer
Harlow, United Kingdom
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Role: Electrical Design Engineer
Req ID: 177874BR
The Weapons area primarily supports the design, development, production and integration activities associated with the Paveway IV Weapon System. The Engineering Team also undertakes numerous development studies and investigation activities involving weapon performance and platform interfacing.
There is an opportunity for someone to join the Weapons team and contribute to its development and growth. This role is ideally suited to an early career engineer with a keen interest in weapon systems, and with a background in Hardware and Firmware engineering.
The role will be based at Raytheon’s Harlow facility and the successful applicant will report directly to the Future Systems Hardware Lead. The successful candidate will have access to professional development opportunities and be part of the growing Defence Business in Raytheon UK, delivering engineering expertise across a wide range of projects to both military and civil customers worldwide.
The successful applicant will support the Weapons Team across various programmes (both internally and Customer funded) and will involve the following main duties:
• Use a background in Embedded Electrical Engineering to work with modelling, hardware and software design teams to turn concepts into reality
• Work with systems engineers to develop the hardware and firmware requirements to be used in the hardware development process.
• Work alongside software engineers to develop interface control documents and support the board design process.
• Experience in Embedded digital electronics and microprocessor system
• Familiar with using hardware development environments and confident in schematic and PCB layout
• Experience working with FPGAs and SoC technologies (e.g. the Xilinx family)
• Experience taking prototypes and turning them into production hardware
• Experience designing PCBs to pass defence engineering standards/airbourne standards
• Experience in design for manufacture
• Be able to present technical information clearly and concisely to others
• Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
• A openness to learn and try new techniques with an ability to work independently or with others to overcome obstacles
• Capable of analysing and reporting on technical data
• Eligible or holder of current SC security clearance
• Familiarity with the application of systems engineering approach across the design and development life cycle
• Experience using the Mentor Xpedition PCB design tool
• Working with a Model Based System Engineering Approach
• Working with Model Based System Engineering Tools such as Simulink
• Knowledge of ITAR and associated licensing
• Weapon Systems domain knowledge and/or experience in a similar field
• Experience in following EMC processes and generation of test documentation
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
• 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
• Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
• 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
• Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
• Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com and search by location or Req ID: 177874BR.177874
Ability to Telecommute
Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Programme Engineering Manager (contractor - 6 months) Harlow
- Bid & Proposal Manager, SAS United Kingdom, Broughton, Glenrothes, Harlow
- Principal Hardware Engineer Glenrothes, Harlow, Livingston
- Technical Accounting & Internal Controls Manager United Kingdom, Glenrothes, Harlow, Livingston, Greater Manchester
- Programme Engineering Manager Harlow
- Principal Hardware Engineer (APNT) Harlow