Security ControllerApply Requisition ID 168511BR Date updated 11/22/2020
|Security Controller – Gloucester|
Nature and Scope:
Key responsibilities, budget, people summary of main activities
The role holder reports to the Site Security Controller and is responsible for the day to day supervision and direction of all elements of operational security, as directed by the Site Security Controller, but not limited to:
• Ensure adherence with HMG SPF requirements
• Ensure employees and contractors are correctly vetted to meet HMG requirements, including the security management of visitors and contractors
• Engage effectively in the formation and maintenance of day to day working relationships with all stakeholders
• Responsible for contributing to the compilation and updating of new employee security induction material
• Responsible for the security element of the new hire process, including Baseline Vetting, the Vetting process and management of the Wiseman Security Database
• Responsible for oversight of the secure storage, destruction and accountability of Company Sensitive and Protectively Marked material
• Responsible for effectively delivering and overseeing security awareness advice to programme teams and senior management
• Line management responsibilities for oversight of the contracted manned guarding and reception team
• Will record all security incidents and assist in their investigation and reporting
• Will undertake audits of PM material and contribute to wider site audits in support of HMG SPF
• Any other reasonable requests from management aligned to security related matters
• Familiar with security compliance requirements contained within HMG SPF or military equivalent
• Familiar with ISO 17799 & 27001 security frameworks
• Excellent communication skills
• Customer focussed with relationship building skills
• Good planning, organisational, administrative and presentational skills
• Analytical thinker
• Computer literate (Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word)
• Team Player
• Strong interpersonal skills
• High Integrity
• Change agent
• Energetic and enthusiastic
• Ability to integrate as part of a team, at all levels
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
Education and Experience:
Previous experience working within a UK Government security environment or Defence sector, or suitable commercial security environment and familiarity with HMG Security Policy Framework
Experience with handling material and managing all Security aspects of an accredited facility at the highest level of security classification
o Security related qualification (or working towards)
o Awareness of ISMS and IA good practice
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain relevant clearance which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK. For further information on the criteria to obtain this please visit - https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
Enhanced sick pay scheme
Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com and search by location or Req ID: 168511BR.
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Gloucester
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.Apply