Manufacturing Night Shift ManagerApply Requisition ID 173676BR Date updated 02/24/2021
Summary of Role:
Site Manufacturing Leader for all Nightshift Production teams with responsibility for safety, management, training and development ofmulti-program teamsin order to meet production quality and output targets. The role involves a significant requirement for effective communication with site Nightshift teams and dayshift based manufacturing leadership team.
- Responsible for managing safety standards within a manufacturing area to support site safety targets.
- Responsible for delivery and reporting of Circuit Card Assembly manufacturing targets set for Nightshift. This will include making decisions in avoiding or minimising interruption to Programs.
- Manage any site equipment breakdowns or line stop events with the relevant support teams.
- Chair Tier 1 and 2 Accountability Meetings.
- Represent Nightshift at Management Reviews.
- Identifying and co-ordination of training for all nightshift staff.
- Define goals and objectives for Nightshift staff and carry out mid-year and year end performance appraisals for all direct staff reports
- Point of contact for IT related issues and resolve or escalate where required.
- High performance manager and self- starter
- Effective communicator across all levels of the business
- Demonstrated track record on quality improvements and people development
- HNC/HND in Management OR a senior supervisory or management position in a complex operation
- Strong organisational skills
- Electronics production experience – emphasis on Circuit Card Assembly
- Effective time management for self and team
- Self motivated
- Confidence and reliability to promote a culture of continuous improvement within the manufacturing function.
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester and Manchester, Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country the company employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country.
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
Enhanced sick pay scheme
Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA) and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion counsel, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Ability to Telecommute
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Glenrothes
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.