Garden Island, Australia
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
- Opportunity to work on the Hobart Class DDG Sustainment Program
- Permanent full-time leadership role
- Excellent Career Progression and Development Opportunities
We have an opportunity for an Engineering Manager (EM) to join our Combat Systems Integrator team on the Hobart Class DDG sustainment support program at Garden Island Defence Precinct in Sydney, NSW. The EM will lead a team of combat system systems engineers, software engineers, logistics engineers in the execution of all engineering and technical scope of work for the DDG Combat System and ensure all engineering design is undertaken in accordance with specified engineering plans and procedures so that all deliverables are safe and fit for purpose. Key to your success will be a strong customer focus and the ability to successfully lead a large and dispersed team through strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understand and implement engineering plans and procedures to meet the requirements of the Defence Seaworthiness Management System
- Establishing the engineering schedule and milestones and managing engineering activities to this schedule
- Develop, monitor and report on program metrics related to scope execution
- Managing the schedule and cost for the combat system engineering scope of work
- Managing engineering workforce plans to ensure engineering capacity and knowledge is retained for execution of the program
- Coordinating the preparation and conduct of System Reviews including Raytheon gate reviews as required and day to day management of working relationships with customers, suppliers, vendors and staff
- Relevant degree in an engineering discipline, preferably sufficient to meet the entry requirements for membership in Engineers Australia at the grade of Chartered Professional (CPEng or RPEQ).
- Minimum eight years' engineering experience in a Defence program with five or more years leading and managing a team.
- Ability to maintain an Australian Defence NV1 security clearance
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Australia is a trusted partner in delivering systems integration and mission support solutions to our customers. As one of the most reputable high technology companies in the world, Raytheon delivers innovative solutions to protect, defend and secure.
Ability to Telecommute
Negative Vetting 1
Type Of Job
Australia - New South Wales
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Expressions of Interest - Engineering Specialists Garden Island, Western Australia
- Supply Chain Senior Specialist Garden Island
- Systems Engineer Garden Island, Western Australia
- Senior Supply Support Officer Garden Island
- Communications Technician Garden Island
- Contracts Manager Garden Island, New South Wales