Garden Island, Australia
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
- An industry leader and one of the most reputable technology innovators in the world;
- Grow and apply your skills as a specialist Communications Technician;
- Work with a great team based by the water from HMAS Stirling Naval Base, WA.
In this vital role, you will be supported and working in a friendly team, while working proactively and independently; engaging regularly with our customer - the Royal Australian Navy (RAN). In your new role with the Raytheon Australia team, a background in Naval or Military communications technology and systems will be highly advantageous.
- Apply the skills necessary to perform maintenance on a naval communications system;
- Understand and diagnose the system capabilities and design features and operational requirements; to enable you to assess and promptly determine problems, solutions and act to remove, replace or repair equipment as required.
- Work collaboratively with engineering specialists to develop solutions and provide feedback; cooperating with colleagues to ensure equipment is fit for purpose and well-maintained to meet the operational requirements of our Collins Submarines.
- Support your peers and other teams by assisting with the assembly, installation and testing of equipment.
- Ideally Diploma Level, otherwise at a minimum a Certificate IV Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Defence Engineering discipline;
- Understanding and experience in electronic system fault finding and diagnostic skills, including an understanding and experience in Communication and RF systems;
- Experience working in a small and dynamic team to deliver outcomes to defined timelines;
- This position will require availability to travel within Australia and Overseas to support Submarine maintenance.
If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity, click the “Apply” button now or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Australia is a trusted partner in delivering systems integration and mission support solutions to our customers. As one of the most reputable high technology companies in the world, Raytheon delivers innovative solutions to protect, defend and secure.
Ability to Telecommute
Negative Vetting 1
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
Australia - Western Australia
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Human Resources Coordinator Garden Island, Western Australia
- Communications Technician Garden Island
- Systems Engineer Garden Island, Western Australia
- Senior Maintenance Technician Garden Island
- Maintenance Technician Garden Island
- Logistics Engineering Specialist Garden Island, New South Wales, Brisbane