Sr Prinicpal Subcontract SpecialistApply Requisition ID 170963BR Date updated 11/12/2020
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) is looking for an experienced Subcontract Manager to join their team in El Segundo, CA. The candidate will be responsible for strategically working capture/proposal efforts and managing major subcontracts for program execution within the Space Systems business area. In this role you will:
- Perform procurement and supplier management functions in support of U.S. Government and Commercial (Domestic and International) subcontracts. Administer and manage high dollar FFP/Cost Type major subcontracts/inter-organizational transfer from $1M to in excess of $50M in value.
- Manage the overall sourcing and procurement activities from development through production and final contract close out.
- Manage tactical and strategic aspects of supplier relationship. Monitor and manage incoming supply of materials to fully support MRP and independent demand; includes interface with functional and internal support organizations, such as Integrated Product Teams (IPT), Engineering, Production Control, Operations and Material Program Managers, and Program Office.
- Develop supply chain strategies and alternatives. Develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation. Perform risk analysis including identifying risks, opportunities, potential impacts, and mitigation plans.
- Lead the supplier management team and be the focal point for subcontractor performance. Includes: RFP generation, Review adequacy of requirements flow-down; Development of negotiation strategy and lead multi-functional negotiation teams; Negotiation of price, delivery, payments and all contractual terms; Purchase order Placement and maintenance; Earned Value Management; Milestone monitoring and completion assessments; Trend analysis.
- Perform Price and Cost Analysis. Serve as group level coordinator and program administrator for the High Risk Supplier Management and Enterprise Supplier Risk Tool processes.
- Communicate clearly, be proactive in a very fast paced environment, flexible, innovative, work with speed and agility yet be thorough, and drive tasks to completion.
- Minimum of 8 years of direct DoD procurement/major subcontract management experience
- Direct experience in awarding and managing Cost type subcontracts
- Experience as a Prime Subcontract Manager
- Experience with New Business Capture and Proposal processes in a subcontracts management role
- Experience working with FAR/DFAR
- Experience in Earned Value Management or related financial management experience
- Experience with leading subcontract management teams
- Experience working in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment
- Experience interfacing with internal customers and all levels of management
- Experience developing and delivering presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
- Experience with negotiation of price reductions and terms and conditions
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to learn and effectively apply new tools, processes and procedures
- Ability to travel domestically/internationally, if required
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need the ability to access US only data systems.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Thorough understanding of risk identification, mitigation and contingency planning
- Knowledge of import / export regulations (ITAR/EAR)
- Six Sigma and productivity improvement experience
- Fluency in Raytheon systems, processes, and procedures
- Active Security Clearance: DOD or SSBI preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or similar
Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or similar
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.Apply