Principal Software Engineer
El Segundo, California
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Rated the best at what we do, Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) develops world class satellite ground systems and counters national security threats through cyber solutions. We are a state-of-the-art technology company because of our innovative thinkers. Your contribution is vital to everything we build. As you cultivate the next phase of your career you will find solutions to complex challenges and have the opportunity to mentor team members by sharing your insight and experience. The RIS culture fosters collaboration and respect while doing meaningful work. Join us! Together, we will support critical missions, develop solutions and define the future in aerospace and defense. Click here to view a brief video and learn more about Raytheon Intelligence and Space: https://youtu.be/E27yrxR4bN4
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to provide guidance and technical direction. RIS is seeking an team member who understands ground segment development and has demonstrated successful technical leadership of a ground segment program. This position is located in El Segundo, California. This position is eligible for relocation assistance.
Our Space Programs lead the industry in demonstrating the speed and agility required for next generation responsive space missions. As a Principal Software Engineer for the Space Programs, you will apply technical principles, theories, and concepts associated with software development and design for Object Oriented systems. You will also be will be involved with the planning, conduct, and coordination of software designs, software architecture, and documentation.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
-Requirements management/development, software architecting and preliminary design
-Software development of data processing systems
-Unit and module software test activities.
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics, or STEM related field.
• Minimum 8+ years of related technical individual contributor experience in large team embedded software engineering development.
• Experience working across functional teams to define, set up and maintain test environments.
• Experience with lab environments and equipment.
• Experience with C++, MATLAB, Python and other scripting languages.
• Experience with the VxWorks and Linux operating system.
• Experience with multi-threading and high performance computing.
• Experience successfully working in an Agile collaborative environment.
• Experience presenting to and interfacing with both internal and external customers.
• US Citizenship and the ability to access US only data systems.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
• Experience with SpaceWire and Ethernet interfaces.
• Experience with software implementation of timing and controls
• Experience with Agile-Scrum Methodology.
• Experience with tools such as JIRA, Jenkins, Coverity, GoogleTest, Docker, and Artifactory.
• Knowledge of MS Office or other presentation tools..
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline from an accredited University.
Clearance: Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance within 1 year
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Ability to Telecommute
Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Principal Systems Engineer/Architect El Segundo
- Sr Systems/HW Engineer I El Segundo
- Senior Principal Electrical Engineer - Digital Design El Segundo
- Principal Mfg Engineer - Electronics Boards Manufacturing Engineer El Segundo
- Electrical Engineer - Mixed Signal ASICS El Segundo, Nashua, Dallas
- Senior Principal Electrical Subsystems Engineer El Segundo