Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)Apply Requisition ID 184275BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/29/2021
At Raytheon Intelligence & Space we regard the security of our employees, its assets, tangible and intangible, to be of primary importance to our continued growth, profitability and success. The establishment of security controls and procedures is essential for the protection of employees, the preservation of assets, and the effective enforcement of rules and regulations.
Cyber Security and Information Assurance (CS/IA) are matters we take very seriously. And so do our customers, from global governments to Fortune 500 companies. That’s why they trust us to deliver the end-to-end offensive and defensive solutions that successfully protect them from a wide range of internal and external threats including breach, fraud, theft and sabotage.
We are seeking a Sr. Cyber Technologist who will be in the role of a Sr. Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) at our Raytheon Intelligence & Space facility in El Segundo CA. We want you to join our qualified and diverse team of professionals. We need your communication, technical, and organizational talents to take our team and the business to new levels in performance. This position primarily supports multiple government customer programs in Special Access Programs performing Information Assurance (IA) Cyber Security compliance duties. The IA/Cyber Security program includes activities from ICD 503 Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documenting, coordinating, and testing control implementation to security sustainment monitoring and compliance work, including conducting self-compliant test/assessments, security monitoring, and delivering security education and awareness to our professional community. We need a team player who enjoys expanding and sharing their knowledge and contributing to our success. You will be involved in all aspects of the Cyber Security operations and a partner with site program security to maintain an effective security program. The candidate must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing their time requiring minimal levels of supervision.
Additionally, the candidate must possess effective written, speaking, analytical, project management, organizational, and customer service skills that will assist them in identifying solutions to complex compliance and security problems. Candidate will coordinate duties and efforts with our Information Technology (IT) partners to ensure we maintain a healthy and comprehensive IA/Cyber Security program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and maintaining certification and accreditation documentation.
- Ensure system security measures comply with multiple regulatory requirements (e.g. NISPOM, DCID/ICD 503, DoD RMF, JSIG), and accurately assess the impact of modifications, changes, and vulnerabilities for each system where needed.
- Coordinate their duties with selected Security, Information Technology, and Project Managers on a regular basis.
- The ISSO will conduct reviews and technical inspections (as prescribed by the ISSM) to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses, and ensure that all security features applied to a system are implemented and functional
- Create and maintain all information assurance documentation (e.g. SSPs, Security Profiles, approvals, etc.) for their assigned areas.
- Participates in interdepartmental projects and provides leadership as necessary
- Trains and mentors novice and intermediate ISSOs, and provides performance input to managers.
- Interfaces with internal and external Security personnel, customers, management, and U.S. Government representatives where required.
- Performs other IA-related duties as assigned by management on an as required basis.
- Travel as needed to other business locations to provide necessary cyber security support.
- Able to obtain a DoD 8570.01-M IAM level I certified credentials (Security +, etc.) within 6 months of start date.
US Citizenship is required as this position needs an active US Security Clearance on day one of employment.
Required Education, Skills, & Experience:
- Active Secret or Top Secret security clearance is required
- 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with any of the following: self-inspections, security control assessments, training, log management systems, automated inventory utilities, auditing, configuration management and/or patching
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Completed Bachelors degree required
- in lieu of a completed degree additional experience may be considered
- completed Associates degree + 8 years of relevant professional experience
- High School Diploma + 12 years of relevant professional experience
Desired Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Degree major in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology, Criminal Justice, Cybersecurity, Business or other related degree
- Experience with the identification, development, and reporting of IA program performance metrics and oversight of appropriate IA policy, processes and procedures
- Knowledge in Windows, Linux, operating systems
- Experience with various Endpoint security, vulnerability, and enumeration tools (e.g. Tenable Nessus, SPLUNK, Newt, Ivanti, Symantec, Purifile, Document Detective)
- Experience in the execution and management of Information Systems (IS) incident response and administrative inquiries/investigations in collaboration with the Investigations department
- Experience providing technical security expertise and oversight for complex, cross-domain, heterogeneous classified networked environments in collaboration with Customers, the Information Technology (IT) Department and other Raytheon Intelligence and Space Business Units
- Experience with various types of special test equipment (STE)
- Public speaking experience
- Experience in the oversight and execution of the Assessment & Authorization processes (Certification & Accreditation), as defined in JSIG/RMF/DAAPM
- Currently have a DoD 8570.01-M IAM level I certified credentials (Security +, etc.)
- Experience interfacing with internal and external customers (i.e. AOs, DAOs, SCAs, Program Managers, etc.),
- Experience with any of the following: JAFAN 6/3, DCID 6/3, JSIG/RMF, ICD-503 or equivalent requirements to include technical computer/network system auditing
- This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of a security Clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Ability to Telecommute
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Apply
Shattering the Silicon Ceiling
A nice piece on the Raytheon Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarship Program, through the eyes of a recipient – a junior at George Washington and mother of three. Six women are receiving the scholarship, which includes a Raytheon internship. Learn More
Why do we hunt cyber threats?
Hear from our cyber experts how proactive threat hunting and automated cyber reasoning are making the world a safer place.
Women Cracking the Code
NCCDC is the world series of college cyber defense competitions. Presented by Raytheon, it provides college students from across the country the opportunity test their skills at protecting a network against cyber threats. Learn More
Meet the Navy's First Truly Scalable Radar
We're building the U.S. Navy's next-generation integrated air and missile defense radar, AMDR, which will significantly increase the ability of ships to detect and counter ballistic missiles – one of the world’s fastest-growing threats – as well as other dangers in the air and on the sea. Learn More