Mgr I Field Engineering
El Segundo, California
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
As a Field Engineering Manager, this position will report to a Field Engineering Section Manager and be responsible for supporting various programs (approximately 35 employees). The successful candidate will run all aspects of daily operation, to include staffing, training, metrics development and monitoring, supporting weekly and monthly operation reviews, working with internal and external customers, growing the business, performing site visits and conducting all-hands meeting with employees. In addition to the personnel side of the program, the candidate will also be responsible for the Business side of the program, managing overhead and program budgets as a Control Account Manager (CAM). CAM responsibilities include monitoring of cost reports, charge numbers, and Earned Value Management System (EVMS) weekly. Candidate will also develop Baseline Change Requests (BCRs), develop monthly Latest Revised Estimates (LREs) which are reviewed in the Monthly Program Reviews (MPRs) and quarterly Estimate at Completion (EAC) reviews. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for supporting field engineering proposals and for providing high quality, consistent, and credible Bases of Estimates (BOEs).
- Must have at least 6 years of experience in a military, field engineering, and/or government contracting environment.
- Must have lead experience in program/project management.
- Must have experience leading/managing groups to include staffing, process management, training and employee performance management.
- Well experienced with Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience with Pricing & Estimating.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally
- Must have strong work ethic and be able to work independently
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to function in a fast-paced team environment.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience working overseas or in a deployed capacity.
- Ability to achieve goals with limited supervision.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in making business decisions.
- Experience in proposal processes.
- Possess active Secret clearance
Bachelor's Degree in related technical or business related field. May substitute 8 additional years of experience in lieu of education. (i.e., no degree plus 14 years of related experience or AA degree plus 12 years of related experience.)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.178704
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Ability to Telecommute
Part time telecommuting
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Principal Systems Engineer/Architect El Segundo
- Sr Systems/HW Engineer I El Segundo
- Senior Principal Electrical Engineer - Digital Design El Segundo
- Principal Mfg Engineer - Electronics Boards Manufacturing Engineer El Segundo
- Electrical Engineer - Mixed Signal ASICS El Segundo, Nashua, Dallas
- Senior Principal Electrical Subsystems Engineer El Segundo