Cyber Defense Technologist II - ISSOApply Requisition ID 179066BR Date updated 04/20/2021
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS)-El Segundo, CA.
Are you looking to be empowered; to develop innovative and agile solutions that manage the complexity of future Cybersecurity requirements? RIS is seeking an adaptable and engaged candidate with 2+ years of experience in executing leadership and managerial duties with multiple responsibilities to include the execution of a comprehensive Cybersecurity program under the applicable governing Risk Management Framework (RMF) derived regulations such as: DAAPM, JSIG and ICD-503.
In this role, you will have a direct impact on achieving successful business results which exceed customer expectations through purposeful design and flawless execution.
If you’re ready for a career that makes a difference in an ever growing and dynamic cybersecurity landscape, the RIS ISSO role may be your next great opportunity!
United States Citizen with a Secret clearance.
Requirements of the Information System Security Officer:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Systems/Technology related field degree with 2+ years of directly-related experience
- Completed Associates degree + 6 years of experience considered in lieu of completed bachelor’s degree
- High School Diploma + 10 years of experience considered in lieu of completed bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated expertise in the development and implementation of a comprehensive cybersecurity program to include risk management, developing system security plans (SSP)s and associated artifacts (e.g. POAMs, etc.), obtaining authorizations to operate (ATOs), identifying secure system configurations (e.g. Win10, Server2016, RHEL7, etc.), conducting system/network audits, and remediating cyber incidents.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and manage cybersecurity workforce improvement (e.g. training, certifications, performance management, etc.).
- You must also be willing to obtain DoD 8570 certification IAM Level I certification.
- Experience with national security information system related security requirements (e.g. JSIG, ICD 503, RMF, DAAPM or NISPOM) to include technical computer/network system auditing.
- Experience in the oversight and execution of the Assessment & Authorization processes (a.k.a. Certification & Accreditation).
- Experience in the oversight and execution of a continuous monitoring/improvement program (to include but not limited to self-inspections, security control assessments, training, log management systems, automated inventory utilities, etc.).
- Experience successfully interfacing with internal and external customers (i.e. SCAs, Program Managers, etc.).
- Experience providing technical security expertise and oversight for complex heterogeneous classified networked environments in collaboration with customers, Information Technology (IT) Department and other functional support departments.
- Experience in the execution and management of IS incident response and administrative inquiries/investigations in collaboration with the external support agencies/departments.
- Experience with the identification, development and oversight of appropriate Cybersecurity policy, processes and procedures.
- Experience leading efforts on a small to mid-size project/program.
- Experience managing risk, cost, quality and schedule performance effectively.
- Effective writing, speaking, analytical, and customer service skills.
The benefits of joining the RIS team:
- Sign-on bonus
- Competitive Offer
- Flexible Schedule (9/80)
- Annual Performance Review-Recognition & Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Career Development Path
- Virtual, Accelerated, Applied & Experiential Training Opportunities
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide.
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Ability to Telecommute
Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Apply
Shattering the Silicon Ceiling
A nice piece on the Raytheon Women’s Cybersecurity Scholarship Program, through the eyes of a recipient – a junior at George Washington and mother of three. Six women are receiving the scholarship, which includes a Raytheon internship. Learn More
Why do we hunt cyber threats?
Hear from our cyber experts how proactive threat hunting and automated cyber reasoning are making the world a safer place.
Women Cracking the Code
NCCDC is the world series of college cyber defense competitions. Presented by Raytheon, it provides college students from across the country the opportunity test their skills at protecting a network against cyber threats. Learn More
Meet the Navy's First Truly Scalable Radar
We're building the U.S. Navy's next-generation integrated air and missile defense radar, AMDR, which will significantly increase the ability of ships to detect and counter ballistic missiles – one of the world’s fastest-growing threats – as well as other dangers in the air and on the sea. Learn More