What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Raytheon Technologies is seeking a Multi-Disciplined Engineer/Scientist to join the Capabilities and Technology (C&T) team at our Dulles, Virginia location. The team is comprised of a dedicated group of engineers & scientists engaged in advanced research & development. The successful candidate is expected to solve technically challenging problems of a multi-disciplinary nature with creative and innovative solutions derived from first-principles. Examples of our current research are the development of a unique free-space optical communications system using a Raytheon developed technology and the development of an advanced fiber optic communications system. Duties will include hands-on laboratory experimental work, physics based modeling from first-principles, and in-depth analysis of laboratory captured data. The selected candidate will be required to work with other team members in the conceiving, designing, development, and testing of advanced concepts and technologies.
**This position and any subsequent offers made is contingent upon contract award**
- Background and experience in optical physics/engineering
- Experience with advanced experimental research and development projects
- Ability, discipline and motivation to solve challenging problems with minimal oversight
- Physics based Modeling and Simulation using relevant analysis software
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with Free-Space Optical Communications Systems
- Fiber optics communications
- Knowledge designing optical communications for space systems
- Time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible & adaptable to operate effectively in a dynamic environment
- Experience in RF test and evaluation hardware
- Knowledge of high speed digital and high frequency RF signals and RF systems
- Scientific programming skill using Matlab, LabVIEW, C, C++, Code V, Mathcad or similar high-level languages
Required Experience and Education:
A minimum of 6 years of related experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Applied Math, or related technical field; Masters or PhD preferred.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 166069
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Supply Chain Advisor/Subcontracts Dulles, Aurora, Plano
- Director II-Program Management Dallas, Dulles, Aurora, Indianapolis, Aberdeen, Marlborough, Largo, Denver
- Csltg Pgm Cost Sch&Ctl Anlst Dulles, Aurora
- Mgr I Field Engineering Dulles
- Sr Asset Mgmt Specialist I Dulles
- Mission/Systems Engineer Dulles, Sunnyvale, Annapolis Junction, Salt Lake City, Anaheim