Manager II Product MarketingApply Requisition ID 171008BR Date updated 11/08/2020
When everything is connected, security is everything. That's why Raytheon Technologies delivers solutions that protect every side of cyber for government agencies, businesses and nations. Protecting the most critical information, systems and operations with breakthrough solutions — to make the world a safer place. Our cybersecurity innovations provide scalable, flexible solutions that deliver protection for markets and industries across the globe.
Perform as the Communications Manager supporting the Cybersecurity, Training and Services (CTS) product line. As the CTS Communications Manager, this role will leverage a commercial cyber/IT services communications background to recommend, develop and execute strategic communications programs to help shape new markets, win pursuits and keep business sold. This is a critical role that requires someone who is a quick study willing to immerse her/himself in RIS' second largest product line– Cybersecurity, Training and Services (CTS). The chosen candidate will leverage the matrix to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders including, executives, business development teams, program managers, corporate public affairs and government relations staffs, peer communicators, customers, reporters, editors and producers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a manager on the RIS communications and external affairs team reporting to the CTS director of Communications and Strategy, s/he will develop, create and implement:
- Thought leadership initiatives
- Competitive win themes
- Newsworthy key messages and storylines
- Collateral development
- PR/media relations strategies and tactics
- Public affairs briefings
- Content and channel marketing strategies, including digital and social media
- Special industry events and trade shows
The CTS Communications Manager must possess a mix of the following attributes:
- The ability to lead and thrive under volatile, unpredictable, uncertain conditions.
- Strong business acumen and diverse business perspective.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to influence others without direct supervisory authority.
- Strong customer relations skills.
- Ability to think strategically, innovatively and enterprise-wide.
Required Skills and Experiences
- Eight (8) years communications experience in increasingly senior roles
- Professional experience in the communications or corporate affairs arena with a focus on internal and external communications in an agency or corporation in the commercial tech or IT services industry on a local or international level
- Broad communications background that includes external and internal communications with a mix of content expertise in brand and market communication, experience in issues management, culture change and market access issues
- Excellent working knowledge of trade media, IT services industry and other external stakeholders
- A proven ability to formulate and articulate clear messages about complex and sometimes highly technical subjects, as well as experience in crafting opinion pieces
- Strong business acumen, with exposure to both B2B and B2G marketing models
- Proven project management skills
- Demonstrated flexibility to multi-task, prioritize and manage time
- Ability to function well under pressure and meet tight deadlines while being detail oriented
- Good sense of responsibility and accountability
- Ability to work cross-functionally and interact with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent networking skills and ability to work in a global and culturally diverse environment
- Author briefs and whitepapers
- Adaptable: Being a change agent. Ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, PR, journalism, or related field. Master's degree preferred
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally, health and safety permitting
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Active or recent TS/SCI clearance would be beneficial
- PR, journalism or communications agency experience
- Knowledge of cybersecurity, commercial service and IT service entrants to the defense and intelligence community markets
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations or related field; educational specialization is flexible depending on professional experience
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
None / Not Required
Communications & Corporate Affairs
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.Apply