Software Engineer II
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
Then join our Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS) team and contribute to programs that save lives and enable the freedoms we enjoy. Every day at RIS our extraordinary engineers are empowered for excellence and inspired to invent in an inclusive environment where work-life balance is an elegant solution, not a slogan.
Our passionate and diverse engineers develop demanding, trusted, superb solutions to make the world a safer place. We are looking for a demonstrated and progressive leader to join our Software Engineering Center team in Dallas, Texas.
RIS is a supporting provider of integrated sensor, communication and electronic warfare systems giving military compels accurate and timely actionable information for the network-centric battlefield. You will continue your career working on cutting-edge technology for RIS by day, while in your free time you can explore the many cultural, entertainment and outdoor wonders that make Dallas so unique.
RIS offers extensive reward and recognition programs in compensation, career development, health care, educational assistance, maternal and paternal leave, flexible work schedules, child/adult backup care, 401(k), paid holidays and paid time off. In addition, this position is eligible for relocation assistance.
You will work with RIS professionals around the country who thrive in a culture that celebrates the contributions of its employees. You will continue your career in a challenging and collaborative organization, joining a team with a tradition of achievement through thought and teamwork.
At Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS), we aspire to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems supplier through world-class people and technology.
RIS designs, develops, produces and supports a vast array of electro-optical/infrared sensors, active electronically scanned array/scanning radars, and various integrated systems solutions to provide customers with actionable information for strike, perseverant surveillance, and special mission applications. These best-in-class systems perform detection, identification, tracking, targeting, navigation, weather, and situational awareness tasks from a variety of airborne platforms including maritime, littoral and overland patrol aircraft, unmanned aerial systems, and other tactical, attack and transport rotary and fixed wing aircraft. RIS radar products are deployed by every branch of the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security, and several other government, commercial and international customers.
This position is for a software engineer to help in the development of software for military systems, using C/C++, C#, Java or any similar object oriented SW development language. Previous knowledge in radar software development for a surveillance radar is a highly desired attribute for potential candidates. The position involves the adaption of a large complex radar software code base to new technologies (tech refresh), as well as resolution of defects in the existing deployed system. In addition to the modification of the existing code base, there will be development of new software functionality/capabilities in order to meet new mission specific requirements.
Additional assignment duties include:
- Designing and implementing and supporting integration of new radar control and interface software
- Supporting and contributing to Agile software scrums
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Knowledge of C++,C#, Java or any similar object oriented SW development language
- Knowledge of scripting languages Knowledge of multiple phases of software lifecycle, including software implementation and system integration
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Existing Top Secret DoD Clearance
- Ability to obtain a Customer Program clearance
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- Experience programming in multiple modern programming languages, including Object Oriented C++
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with multiple phases of software lifecycle, including software implementation and system integration
- Prior radar software development experience
- Prior experience developing algorithmic, system control, or low level infrastructure SW
- Hard real time application development experience or experience with HW/SW level interfaces
- Experience in execution of tasks with little to no direction and to lead the efforts of others
- Proven experience working with technically skilled teammates and customers
- Experience with large complex systems such as radars
- Signal Processing Experience
Minimum Bachelor’s of Science degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
TX - Dallas
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- RSS Mission Software Engineer Dallas
- Real-time Embedded and OS Software Engineer Dallas
- Signal Processing Software Engineer Dallas
- Manager II-Program Management Largo, St. Petersburg, North Andover, Billerica, Burlington, Marlborough, Tewksbury, Forest, Nashua, Dallas, McKinney
- Systems Engineer II Dallas
- Principal Electrical Engineer - FPGA Design Dallas, McKinney