Section Manager - Mechanical Engineer III
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
The selected candidate will ensure that all EWS programs/activities are performed and completed in a timely, cost-effective and efficient manner without compromising the quality of the performance and deliverables. Moreover, the candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing, controlling, instructing, and managing technical staff, administrative, financial, contractual, and personnel. The selected candidate exercises ownership and operational control while retaining full responsibility for the performance of assigned work. Duties include but not limited to:
- Collecting and managing the Prime Program’s requirements and ensures that the EWS Programs and personnel are fulfilling these requirements
- Develops and maintains relationships and networks with other areas within RI&S
The candidate must have an outstanding ability to provide technical guidance and act as a mentor to their staff. In addition, they must be adept at making technical presentations and establishing customer relationships (Internal & External). The candidate shall be a highly motivated “self-starter” able to lead by example, possessing excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and maintain positive relationships and satisfaction with functional and program key team members.
- 10 years' experience in technical management, workforce solutions, line or program management
- Demonstrated leadership skills through experience leading a section, department, IPT, or equivalent
- Must have proven experience in managing a matrixed organization; leading by influence
- Knowledge of system and/or engineering requirements
- Experience interfacing with senior leaders
- Proficient Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint) experience
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate needs, resolve issues and develop staff
- Excellent performance in engineering management
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills including leading matrixed teams, Demonstrated ability to impact; action-oriented leader who values collaborative teaming
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans. Strategic mind-set capable of tackling complex problems
- Demonstrated results in managing complex program task prioritization, planning, staffing, scheduling, and conflict resolution.
- US Citizenship is required as this position will require a DoD Security clearance within 1st year of employment
- Familiarity with workforce planning and labor forecasting tools (eSTAFF), program management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project) and financial systems
- Experience with Data analytics and modeling
- Qualified R6-sigma specialist
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelors of Science in a STEM field - Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence & Space delivers the disruptive technologies our customers need to succeed in any domain, against any challenge. A developer of advanced sensors, training, and cyber and software solutions, Raytheon Intelligence & Space provides a decisive advantage to civil, military and commercial customers in more than 40 countries around the world. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the business generated $15 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 39,000 employees worldwide. Raytheon Intelligence & Space is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Type Of Job
TX - Dallas
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
- Software Engineer II Dallas
- RSS Mission Software Engineer Dallas
- Real-time Embedded and OS Software Engineer Dallas
- Signal Processing Software Engineer Dallas
- Manager II-Program Management Largo, St. Petersburg, North Andover, Billerica, Burlington, Marlborough, Tewksbury, Forest, Nashua, Dallas, McKinney
- Systems Engineer II Dallas