Threat Systems LeadApply Requisition ID 170829BR Date updated 06/17/2021
- Brisbane based Defence Contractor committed to driving strategic growth
- Fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Position will be based in Carole Park with travel to sites required
The Threat Systems Lead will manage a dedicated team to deliver operational equipment to meet the demanding needs of the ADF. The technical solution includes technologies from multiple domains including radar, radio & mobile communications, command, control, security and network systems. Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the successful applicant will provide professional engineering services including analysis, evaluation, design, procurement, implementation, integration, installation, test and support of complex systems / sub-systems as well as the technical management of input from other specialist engineers.
- Lead a small team working grow new Mobile Radar and Communication Capability across a wide variety of systems and technologies including; 2D and 3D Early warning radars, Target engagement radars, AESA Radars and Radar emulators
- Coordinate the acceptance, analysis, implementation, and test and lifecycle support of MTTES components, modules, subsystems and configuration items.
- Document the implementation plans and growth path for systems achieving user and sponsor endorsement with the established engineering processes.
- Prepare, execute and document the verification and validation against the approved baselines including development and execution of test procedures and analysis documentation.
- Prepare contractual change documentation for client and manage procurement of equipment and services needed to implement the approved changes.
- A minimum of ten (10) years prior relevant experience in engineering, including experience leading a team.
- Experience in Radar or Communications domain is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a team to achieve and document complex deliveries within a tight time frame.
- Knowledge of the WHS Act and System Safety or Safety in Design and experience on vehicle-based systems is desirable.
- Knowledge of Defence protective security requirements and the application of security risk management principles.
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance. Eligibility can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva
Raytheon Australia is a trusted partner in delivering systems integration and mission support solutions to our customers. As one of the most reputable high technology companies in the world, Raytheon delivers innovative solutions to protect, defend and secure.
Ability to Telecommute
Negative Vetting 1
Type Of Job
Australia - Queensland
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Work on classified projects and enjoy plenty of recognition
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or a experienced professional, it’s important that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting you and your family's health and well-being, we offer important income and work/life benefits to meet your needs. Learn More
Turn unique thinking into one-of-a-kind solutions
Diversity. Every company likes to talk about it, but few have embraced it with quite the same commitment as we have here at Raytheon. As a result, diversity has become a competitive imperative and an integral part of our business model, particularly as we continue to grow internationally. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.