Systems Engineering Mobile Radar Lead
Carole Park, Australia
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
- Brisbane based Defence Contractor committed to driving strategic growth
- Fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Position will be based in Carole Park with travel to sites required
The Mobile Radar System Engineering Lead will manage a dedicated team to deliver operational equipment within a well-defined scope to deliver a robust technical solution for security accreditation supporting radar, radio & mobile communications, command, control and network systems. Reporting to the MTTES Engineering Manager the successful applicant will provide professional engineering services including analysis, evaluation, design, procurement, implementation, integration, installation, test and support of complex systems / sub-systems.
- Lead a small team working to baseline existing and grow new Mobile Radar and Communication Capability across a wide variety of systems and technologies including; 2D and 3D Early warning radars, Target engagement radars, AESA Radars and Radar emulators
- Coordinate the acceptance, analysis, implementation, and test and lifecycle support of MTTES components, modules, subsystems and configuration items.
- Document the implementation plans and growth path for systems achieving user and sponsor endorsement with the established engineering processes.
- Prepare, execute and document the verification and validation against the approved baselines including development and execution of test procedures and analysis documentation.
- Prepare contractual change documentation for client and manage procurement of equipment and services needed to implement the approved changes.
- A minimum of ten (10) years prior relevant experience in engineering, Radar and Communications roles, including a minimum of four (4) years leading a team to provide Radar system solution or platform design.
- Electrician Qualifications and demonstrated experience of compliance to Australian Standards would be desirable.
- A comprehensive understanding of the WHS Act and System Safety or Safety in Design and demonstrated experience on vehicle-based systems.
- Knowledge of Defence protective security requirements and the application of security risk management principles.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a team to achieve and document complex deliveries within a tight time frame.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission by clicking the "Apply" button below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Australia is a trusted partner in delivering systems integration and mission support solutions to our customers. As one of the most reputable high technology companies in the world, Raytheon delivers innovative solutions to protect, defend and secure.
Negative Vetting 1
Type Of Job
Australia - Queensland
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).