Systems Engineer - Communications
Carole Park, Australia
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
- Fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Position will be based in Carole Park, Queensland with some interstate travel required
- Work on a range of Radio and IP based communication systems supporting Command and Control (C2) functions.
Reporting to the Communications and Facilities Lead, the successful applicant will provide professional engineering services including analysis, design, integration, installation, test and ongoing support at systems and sub-systems levels.
- Analyse operation and functional performance requirements of Communication Systems for project.
- Support integration and testing of various Communication systems.
- Support design and integration of fixed and mobile facilities.
- Prepare documents to baseline the system configuration and identify system deficiencies.
- Develop change proposals in accordance with change management process to implement changes/improvement to the systems.
- Support the documentation and testing against the approved baselines for verification and validation including development and execution of test procedures and analysis documentation.
- A minimum of Five (5) years prior relevant experience in engineering, including a minimum of three (3) years in radio communications.
- Demonstrated experience of fixed and/or vehicle-based radio communication systems including V/UHF, Microwave links, Mesh radio networks.
- Good understanding of IP based networks, RF testing, spectrum management and radiation safety.
- RF Testing qualification for both ionising and non-ionizing radiation.
- Experience with EMI and EMSEC controls implementation.
- Good understanding of the Electronic Warfare principles.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission by clicking the "Apply" button below or contact us at email@example.com
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Australia is a trusted partner in delivering systems integration and mission support solutions to our customers. As one of the most reputable high technology companies in the world, Raytheon delivers innovative solutions to protect, defend and secure.
Ability to Telecommute
Negative Vetting 1
Type Of Job
Australia - Queensland
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).