ICT and Software Engineering Lead
Carole Park, Australia
What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you’re a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon Technologies you’ll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you’ll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you’re ready to take on today’s big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon Technologies.
- America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes
- Career & Development Opportunities
- Entry, Mid, Senior level
- Brisbane based Defence Contractor committed to driving strategic growth
- Fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Position will be based in Carole Park with some travel to sites required
In this role you will be working autonomously as the ICT and SW Engineering lead to manage the team in developing the architecture, system design, implementation and testing within a defined scope to deliver a robust technical solution. The team provides software for security accreditation supporting radar, radio & mobile communications, command, control and network systems.
- Cost Account Management of the ICT and SW Engineering activities to deliver the required compliant systems within cost and schedule supporting both rolling-wave operational builds and capability growth milestones.
- Support the team to develop ICT and SW Architecture designs supporting the growth path for user and sponsor endorsement with the established engineering processes.
- Manage the preparation of system design documentation to grow the system in accordance with the project change management processes and conforming to relevant Australian Standards and criteria.
- Manage the preparation, execution and documentation of the MTTES ICT and SW products verification and validation against the approved baselines.
- Manage the preparation of contractual change documentation for client and manage procurement of equipment and services needed to implement the approved changes.
- A minimum of eight (8) years prior relevant experience in ICT or SW engineering roles, including a minimum of two (2) years professional experience in a Lead role in systems solution or platform design.
- Demonstrated experience in Cost and Schedule management.
- Demonstrated previous experience in managing/defining/designing complex systems.
- Successful candidates must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 Security Clearance. Eligibility can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Australia is a trusted partner in delivering systems integration and mission support solutions to our customers. As one of the most reputable high technology companies in the world, Raytheon delivers innovative solutions to protect, defend and secure.
Ability to Telecommute
Negative Vetting 1
Type Of Job
Australia - Queensland
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon Technologies? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Felicia Jackson belongs to Raytheon Technologies' employee group for veterans and those who support them. After 24 years in the Air Force, she started a new career at Raytheon Technologies. "I wanted to go where people would support me," she told us.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon Technologies supports a variety of flexible work arrangements including compressed work weeks, flextime, job sharing, 9/80, reduced hours and telecommuting.
At Raytheon Technologies, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee’s capabilities.
Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 10-12 holidays per year with some locations shutting down the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
Raytheon Technologies offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).