Sr Systems Engineer II - Cyber Implementation
Raytheon Technologies' Re-Empower Program provides a unique opportunity for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking a career break. This 14-week paid program will provide multiple resources and opportunities that will assist participants in re-entering the workforce and re-engaging into their professional career paths. Meaningful and impactful assignments will provide on-the-job skill sharpening and development, while professional development, mentorship and networking opportunities will help propel performance to the next level.
- Glassdoor 2018 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Colorado? Then join our team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, we provide employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few.
We are seeking a talented Cyber Implementation Engineer to design and configure both windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) based systems. The Cyber Implementation Engineer will support security engineering and federal security compliance activities during the operations and maintenance of satellite ground systems; conduct cyber security hardening tasks; support security-based testing including capturing test results analysis and the development of risk assessment reports.
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen with a current DOD Secret security clearance
- Security engineering support for the technical implementation of security solutions comprised of COTS, FOSS, and custom products
- Assist with automating upgrades and installation of COTS Software using automation tools (e.g., Chef, Puppet, scripts)
- Performing evaluation of technical implementation of security solutions comprised of COTS as well as custom developed products
- Preparing for, supporting and/or leading Security Test & Evaluation activities for program sell-off of security related requirements
- Applying knowledge of current IA policies as a contributor to the architecture and design of secure solutions
- Compliance to security directive assessments reviews and related documentation
- Updating Hardening guides and preparing related reports as required.
- 6+ years of hands-on administration experience on Windows and RHEL O/S systems relating to servers and workstations
- This position requires US Citizenship and US Government DoD Secret clearance
- Experience working with cyber security engineering projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients
- 3+ years of demonstrated technical experience in cyber security
- Strong understanding of security design and architecture
- 2+ years of practical experience verification of hardening IT systems in compliance with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Strong familiarization of security designs and implementing COTS products in a system
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, may include weekends
- Background in COTS product installation
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef (preferred), Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Fabric or similar products for O/S builds, software installation and configuration
- Technical knowledge in satellite ground systems, including hardware, software, and communications architecture
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification – CISSP or Security +
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or related STEM degree program from an Accredited University/School/Collegeand 6 years of related work experience.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
What does it take to be successful in the Re-Empower Program? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Strong Work Ethic
Raytheon’s Re-Empower Program has given me exactly the type of opportunity I’d been seeking. Having paused my professional career over a decade ago in order to focus on raising our young children, I found it daunting to return to a workforce where my skills felt somewhat dated. Raytheon recognized this challenge and thanks to the training, mentorship, and support I’ve encountered through the Re-Empower Program, I am back on the career track I’ve wanted - helping to build systems that are critical to the success of our customer and the security of our nation.– Nikki L., Senior Software Engineer Intelligence Information Services, GPS-OCX
What to Expect
- Step 1 Apply below with your updated resume. Career breaks are expected and a requirement of the program.
- Step 2 Recruiter will contact you if hiring managers are interested in inviting you to interview. This is a good time to ask about Raytheon and the program opportunities.
- Step 3 If a hiring manager is interested in interviewing you, you will be invited to participate in an on-site interview at our campus. Be prepared to answer questions about your strengths and development opportunities.
- Step 4 If selected, recruiter will be in contact with program offer and provide you with orientation and start date details. If not selected, you will receive a notification but remain eligible to be considered for other opportunities.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Paid Time Off is accrued on a monthly basis.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting your and your family's health and well-being, we offer a wide array of benefits designed to meet your needs. Note: Benefits may vary by business unit and location.
A Dependent Care Reimbursement Account helps you pay for eligible dependent care expenses using pre-tax dollars. Examples of eligible expenses include most forms of child care up to the age of 13, as well as certain forms of adult care necessary in order for you and your spouse, if married, to work or go to school full time. Through payroll deductions, you may set aside on a pre-tax basis up to $5,000 per year if single and $2,500 if married and filing separate returns
9 Employee Resource Groups
Raytheon’s network of employee resource groups creates opportunities to meet, collaborate, network and exchange ideas with people who share your interest, background, orientation or culture.
HOW TO GET BACK TO WORK AFTER A CAREER BREAK
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
- Supply Chain Advisor/Subcontracts Dulles, Aurora, Plano
- Sr Systems Engineer Command Mission Control Aurora
- Integration and Test Lead Aurora
- Captures and Proposal Strategist/Evaluator Aurora
- Sr Software Engineer II Aurora
- Director II-Program Management Dallas, Dulles, Aurora, Indianapolis, Aberdeen, Marlborough, Largo, Denver