Principal Systems Engineer-Infrastructure Architect Lead-Aurora, Colorado
Raytheon Technologies' Re-Empower Program provides a unique opportunity for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking a career break. This 14-week paid program will provide multiple resources and opportunities that will assist participants in re-entering the workforce and re-engaging into their professional career paths. Meaningful and impactful assignments will provide on-the-job skill sharpening and development, while professional development, mentorship and networking opportunities will help propel performance to the next level.
- Glassdoor 2018 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, we provide employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/YNuZN0vyzHg
Raytheon Technologies is seeking an Infrastructure Architect/Lead with experience in both traditional infrastructure design; provisioning of platform, storage, and networking resources for existing on premise infrastructure hardware that ideally also has experience in emerging DevOps/DevSecOps & Service Mesh technologies. The Infrastructure Architect/Lead would be engaged in the design and architecture of the system, and will interface both with the Program’s Sr. Management as well as interface with the customer for Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) as required.
The Infrastructure Architect/Lead would be responsible to support design, development and implementation of traditional compute/network/storage deployments, as well as support improving the program platform’s over-arching design through new emerging technologies and use of DevOps/DevSecOps tools and automation primarily in the O/S, COTS stack. This includes existing operating systems and existing server hardware designs, as well as supporting the design and development of new Cloud based designs and architectures. Note: This position may require some travel (20% or less) or on call support/overtime.
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus up to $12K for a candidate with a current TS/SCI that can be verified when hired.
Clearance Requirements: Current Active TS/SCI
• Current Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
• Knowledge and hands on experience in the integration and deployment of software systems to multiple test and operational environments
• Extensive Linux development experience
• Ability to identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
• Ability to support contract studies and provide new solutions for a hybrid approach to future Ground Terminal/data compute environments
• Senior level technical consulting experience including experience interfacing with both internal and external stakeholders
• Experience with complex satellite ground systems, particularly previous deployment of developed systems to ground system and data processing operations
• Excellent experience in the design and architecture of cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.) infrastructure environments.
• Experience in SAN/NAS designs and implementation
• Experience in Security and related Security patching/implementing STIGs as required
• Experience with the Agile development lifecycle
• Security+ certification will be required within 90 days after hire.
• Understanding of DevOps/DevSecOps developments
• Hands on experience designing, implementing, and supporting Kubernetes environments
• Experience designing, implementing and supporting Service Mesh environments
• Broad experience developing automated infrastructure testing of large system deployments using Ansible, Terraform, Docker, and/or Jenkins (Ansible and Terraform highly preferred)
• Knowledge of Enterprise Application development and deployment processes
• Prior experience implementing code / artifact control tools such as Git
• Experience with SAFe agile processes
• RHEL Development Experience
• Technical leadership experience; including mentoring, coaching, and building high performing Engineering teams
• Existing Security+ Certification
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM), or related STEM Degree program from an Accredited University, School, and/or College required with 8+ years of relevant work experience.
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $98,700 to $187,500; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
What does it take to be successful in the Re-Empower Program? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Strong Work Ethic
Raytheon’s Re-Empower Program has given me exactly the type of opportunity I’d been seeking. Having paused my professional career over a decade ago in order to focus on raising our young children, I found it daunting to return to a workforce where my skills felt somewhat dated. Raytheon recognized this challenge and thanks to the training, mentorship, and support I’ve encountered through the Re-Empower Program, I am back on the career track I’ve wanted - helping to build systems that are critical to the success of our customer and the security of our nation.– Nikki L., Senior Software Engineer Intelligence Information Services, GPS-OCX
What to Expect
- Step 1 Apply below with your updated resume. Career breaks are expected and a requirement of the program.
- Step 2 Recruiter will contact you if hiring managers are interested in inviting you to interview. This is a good time to ask about Raytheon and the program opportunities.
- Step 3 If a hiring manager is interested in interviewing you, you will be invited to participate in an on-site interview at our campus. Be prepared to answer questions about your strengths and development opportunities.
- Step 4 If selected, recruiter will be in contact with program offer and provide you with orientation and start date details. If not selected, you will receive a notification but remain eligible to be considered for other opportunities.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Paid Time Off is accrued on a monthly basis.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting your and your family's health and well-being, we offer a wide array of benefits designed to meet your needs. Note: Benefits may vary by business unit and location.
A Dependent Care Reimbursement Account helps you pay for eligible dependent care expenses using pre-tax dollars. Examples of eligible expenses include most forms of child care up to the age of 13, as well as certain forms of adult care necessary in order for you and your spouse, if married, to work or go to school full time. Through payroll deductions, you may set aside on a pre-tax basis up to $5,000 per year if single and $2,500 if married and filing separate returns
9 Employee Resource Groups
Raytheon’s network of employee resource groups creates opportunities to meet, collaborate, network and exchange ideas with people who share your interest, background, orientation or culture.
HOW TO GET BACK TO WORK AFTER A CAREER BREAK
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?