Model Based Systems Engineering Lead - MBSE
El Segundo, California, Aurora, Colorado, Richardson, Texas, Dulles, Virginia
Raytheon Technologies' Re-Empower Program provides a unique opportunity for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking a career break. This 14-week paid program will provide multiple resources and opportunities that will assist participants in re-entering the workforce and re-engaging into their professional career paths. Meaningful and impactful assignments will provide on-the-job skill sharpening and development, while professional development, mentorship and networking opportunities will help propel performance to the next level.
- Glassdoor 2018 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus of up to $20K for a candidate with a current TS/SCI with that can be verified and hired at RIS.
- Demonstrated experience in functional decomposition of the ground segment subsystems based on Systems Requirements Documents (SRD):
- A background in one or more of the following:
- Telemetry, Tracking & Commanding (TT&C)
- Ground Terminals (G/T)
- Come up to speed quickly in providing a framework for decisions for the selected architecture, acquisition approach.
- Create a Ground Segment System Architecture Model (SAM) in an Integrated Data Environment (IDE) system using No Magic Cameo System Modeler that is compliant with Object Management Group (OMG) SysML v1.5 and Department of Defense Architectural Framework (DoDAF) v2.02.
- Must be able to Integrate SAM outputs from a Space Segment (SS) and the Ground Segment (GS) into the System Integrator (SI) System-level SAM.
- Demonstrated knowledge in specifying dynamic behaviors of the System, the Segments, subsystems, and units using complementary SysML Behavior diagrams (Sequence, Activity, State Machine diagrams) that are integrated with their related structural components.
- Demonstrated knowledge in specifying all Systems and interfaces using the SysML vl.5 definition of full and proxy ports typed by blocks and interface blocks, respectively.
- Be adept in modular open system approaches (MOSA) design principles and Open Mission System/Universal C2 Interface (OMS/UCI) standards
- Travel up to 25%
- Gain voice of the customer, needs, requirements
- Engage in regular working group meetings, likely at the Prime’s facility
- Drive the Raytheon Technologies solution offering, including MBSE and other related artifacts
- Advocate for our solution with the Prime
- Comfortable with strategy formulation
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related STEM Degree Program with 10+ years of relevant experience required (Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering Computer Science, Physics, Math or Applied Science preferred) - OR
- Master’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related STEM Degree Program with 8+ years of relevant experience required (Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering Computer Science, Physics, Math or Applied Science preferred)
“In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $115,000 to $224,300; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.”
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
What does it take to be successful in the Re-Empower Program? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Strong Work Ethic
Raytheon’s Re-Empower Program has given me exactly the type of opportunity I’d been seeking. Having paused my professional career over a decade ago in order to focus on raising our young children, I found it daunting to return to a workforce where my skills felt somewhat dated. Raytheon recognized this challenge and thanks to the training, mentorship, and support I’ve encountered through the Re-Empower Program, I am back on the career track I’ve wanted - helping to build systems that are critical to the success of our customer and the security of our nation.– Nikki L., Senior Software Engineer Intelligence Information Services, GPS-OCX
What to Expect
- Step 1 Apply below with your updated resume. Career breaks are expected and a requirement of the program.
- Step 2 Recruiter will contact you if hiring managers are interested in inviting you to interview. This is a good time to ask about Raytheon and the program opportunities.
- Step 3 If a hiring manager is interested in interviewing you, you will be invited to participate in an on-site interview at our campus. Be prepared to answer questions about your strengths and development opportunities.
- Step 4 If selected, recruiter will be in contact with program offer and provide you with orientation and start date details. If not selected, you will receive a notification but remain eligible to be considered for other opportunities.
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Paid Time Off is accrued on a monthly basis.
Raytheon is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you, your spouse and your eligible children. In addition to protecting your and your family's health and well-being, we offer a wide array of benefits designed to meet your needs. Note: Benefits may vary by business unit and location.
A Dependent Care Reimbursement Account helps you pay for eligible dependent care expenses using pre-tax dollars. Examples of eligible expenses include most forms of child care up to the age of 13, as well as certain forms of adult care necessary in order for you and your spouse, if married, to work or go to school full time. Through payroll deductions, you may set aside on a pre-tax basis up to $5,000 per year if single and $2,500 if married and filing separate returns
9 Employee Resource Groups
Raytheon’s network of employee resource groups creates opportunities to meet, collaborate, network and exchange ideas with people who share your interest, background, orientation or culture.
HOW TO GET BACK TO WORK AFTER A CAREER BREAK
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
- Principal Systems Engineer/Architect El Segundo
- Sr Systems/HW Engineer I El Segundo
- Senior Principal Electrical Engineer - Digital Design El Segundo
- Principal Mfg Engineer - Electronics Boards Manufacturing Engineer El Segundo
- Electrical Engineer - Mixed Signal ASICS El Segundo, Nashua, Dallas
- Senior Principal Electrical Subsystems Engineer El Segundo