Customers across the globe depend on us for superior design for manufacturability and best-in-class products. In turn, we rely on our manufacturing teams to help us deliver exactly that. Raytheon UK manufacturing teams ensure precision production and operational efficiency throughout everything we do.
There are a number of different roles within the manufacturing function, ranging from assembly operations to planning to team leadership as well as a variety of engineering disciplines including Industrial, Mechanical and electrical.
Depending on your role, manufacturing careers require some previous experience and/or a valid qualification. Raytheon UK also offers a number of career development initiatives, including Graduate Apprenticeships and Leadership Development programmes.
Once on board, qualified and trained, you will become adept in several of these key functions:
- working with electrical, electronic, mechanical, experimental, developmental and electromechanical systems and devices
- interpret engineering, military and manufacturing specifications
- inspecting, testing and repairing electronic, electromechanical and/or mechanical production items
- operating standard, commercial and specialised test equipment to ensure compliance and conformance to specs and quality control methods
- planning, setting up, and performing functional, operational, environmental and specialised testing under all conditions
- determining functional adequacy and efficiency of machines and tooling to produce parts to defined specifications
- providing shop floor assistance in maintaining machine operational efficiencies and uploading/downloading machine programmes and engineering interfaces
Raytheon UK Manufacturing Locations
RSL, Glenrothes, Scotland
The Glenrothes factory is the main manufacturing and advanced electronics design centre for Raytheon UK. As well as producing a range of complex, high-reliability ‘build to print’ assemblies for the defence and space industries, this facility also develops and manufactures advanced power conversion products and electronic control systems.
RAF Waddington, England & Broughton, Wales
The Waddington and Broughton sites specialise in design, modification, post-design support and deep servicing of a range of military Aircraft
ELCAN, Midland, Canada
Raytheon UK also operates a factory in Midland, Canada, specialising in the design and manufacture of advanced Electro-optics. Situated 95 miles north of Toronto, this facility produces a range of precision and tactical optics for the defence industry, as well as advanced commercial and aviation lenses
5 Jobs in
* Multiple work location possibilities. Refer to the bottom of the job description page for the complete listing.
Business Interface Manager10/19/2021 Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Senior Product/Test Engineer09/06/2021 Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Planning Team Leader08/26/2021 Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Industrial Engineer - CONTRACT10/02/2021 Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Senior Industrial Engineer09/06/2021 Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Transform military experiences into private sector enterprises
As an organization, we have a tremendous level of respect for military service. Our customers are the men and women defending our nation, and a number of our employees also serve in the Reserves, National Guard or are military veterans themselves. Learn More
Forget Silicon Valley
Defense companies are technology companies – but with missions bigger than creating the next hot gadget for the holidays. Learn More
Work as one to make a difference to millions
Here at Raytheon, we innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace.It’s innovation made possible by a strong internal culture and a vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Learn More
Download our Corporate Responsibility Report.